• Parker, CO
Votes |
Short Term Rentals in Dallas

Stuart Grazier
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Parker, CO
Posted Jan 22 2021, 07:55

Are there any investors or Realtors on this forum that either own or help investors buy properties to use as short term rentals? I have family in Dallas and Frisco and would like to purchase a "2nd home" to use when visiting family, but then rent out as a short term rental when we aren't using it. I'd love to connect and get some thoughts and advice! Here are a few questions and topics:

1) What is best location for short term rentals in Dallas? I'd most interested in Addison/Plano/Frisco since most of my family is in Frisco.

2) Is it seasonal? Or can you get renters all year long?

3) Are there any good short term prop management companies?

4) Are there any rules from the city and/or certain HOAs that won't allow it, or restrict it? EXAMPLE: do most condos around Dallas not allow short term rentals? Do they allow 30-day rentals for executives? I've heard rumors of Dallas possibly putting in some rules to shut down STRs (kinda like Denver). Is that true?

5) I'm torn between buying a condo/townhome that may be less expensive price point, but has HOA, verse a single family that wil be more expensive, but have extra maintenance and upkeep costs. Would love some thoughts/opinions on this one.

Thanks in advance! 

Loading replies...