• Real Estate Investor
  • Boston, MA
Votes |
International Financing

Donald M.
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Boston, MA
Posted Jun 8 2014, 22:21

The idea of investing outside the US occurred to me, I have one book on the subject on the way, and while doing searches on the Internet I came across the article by Ali Boone.

What attracts me to real estate is being able to invest with a low downpayment/no downpayment. Are there opportunities like this outside the US? I have heard that in Europe, a 30% downpayment is usually required and that banks in developing countries tended to be more conservative during and before the loose policies existed in developed countries that led to the housing crash.

I am interested in appreciation and cash flow, but would also consider buying a property on the water for rental/future retirement possibilities. Please let me know if you have experience with such financing opportunities in a country or if there is reason to believe seller financing would be more likely in a region; I know there are many issues to consider in international investing and would do further research once identifying some preliminary countries. Thanks!

Loading replies...