How did you find labor

3 Replies

So I’m pre - pulling the trigger, but I do have the ability to find quickly once I decide on a home.

I’m getting concerned about the labor part.

Am I being overly simplistic to think I could - between Home Depot laborers- thumbtack and people I’ve used for projects at my house - I could manage a small rehab ..? I’m just kinda thinkin “how hard could it be...” haha

Rip me apart if I’m being dumb.

Lydia Ojuka Riley, Real Estate Agent in Utah (#10669942-SA00)
Hi, this is an awesome project to take on. I've had a really hard time finding contractors to even get bids and that is through Thumbtack and Home Depot, they are all super busy. I hope for a great rehab on your property. If you find anyone you recommend please send them my way!

Whats your definition of a small rehab? remember you dont know whats going on behind the walls. If this is your first one, hire a contractor, someone reputable, even if it costs you a little more, work right beside them and learn as much as you can. If you have absolutely no experience in construction, then when you do find a laborer or two, how do you know for sure they're doing the right thing. Better to haev the right people in your corner rather then 1/4 way through you run in to huge problems and cant find someone right away now your sitting on a rehab for x amount of time

Michael Gessner, Contractor
Originally posted by @Lydia Ojuka Riley :

So I’m pre - pulling the trigger, but I do have the ability to find quickly once I decide on a home.

I’m getting concerned about the labor part.

Am I being overly simplistic to think I could - between Home Depot laborers- thumbtack and people I’ve used for projects at my house - I could manage a small rehab ..? I’m just kinda thinkin “how hard could it be...” haha

Rip me apart if I’m being dumb.

I recently found a great GC through my real estate agent. Ask yours and/or post in the BP forums in your town. Best of luck.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.