How did you find labor

3 Replies

So I’m pre - pulling the trigger, but I do have the ability to find quickly once I decide on a home.

I’m getting concerned about the labor part.

Am I being overly simplistic to think I could - between Home Depot laborers- thumbtack and people I’ve used for projects at my house - I could manage a small rehab ..? I’m just kinda thinkin “how hard could it be...” haha

Rip me apart if I’m being dumb.

Hi, this is an awesome project to take on. I've had a really hard time finding contractors to even get bids and that is through Thumbtack and Home Depot, they are all super busy. I hope for a great rehab on your property. If you find anyone you recommend please send them my way!

Whats your definition of a small rehab? remember you dont know whats going on behind the walls. If this is your first one, hire a contractor, someone reputable, even if it costs you a little more, work right beside them and learn as much as you can. If you have absolutely no experience in construction, then when you do find a laborer or two, how do you know for sure they're doing the right thing. Better to haev the right people in your corner rather then 1/4 way through you run in to huge problems and cant find someone right away now your sitting on a rehab for x amount of time

Originally posted by @Lydia Ojuka Riley :

So I’m pre - pulling the trigger, but I do have the ability to find quickly once I decide on a home.

I’m getting concerned about the labor part.

Am I being overly simplistic to think I could - between Home Depot laborers- thumbtack and people I’ve used for projects at my house - I could manage a small rehab ..? I’m just kinda thinkin “how hard could it be...” haha

Rip me apart if I’m being dumb.

I recently found a great GC through my real estate agent. Ask yours and/or post in the BP forums in your town. Best of luck.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.