Would you invest in Indianapolis?

8 Replies

Hallo,

I am in contact with a turnkey provider, who is mainly offering turnkey and pre-rehab RE in Indianapolis.

So are I have not made any investment into that area or city and looking for some experiences and advice. Indi seems to me a city that provides affordable housing, has an overall stable RE market and is somewhere in the upper half of statistics when it comes to job and economy growth. 

Thanks and best regards, Andre

@Andreas F.  you are on the right track!

Indianapolis is a very strong market [rental and resale].  We have several of large companies with their corporate head quarters here, strong employment and population growth.

The Midwest is usually a linear or flat market.  We typically don't experience the radical changes in the market like Vegas or Phoenix.

I specialize in working with out of State investors like yourself and would be glad to continue this conversation if you have any additional questions.

Indy has been a good market for a while. It's more stable than a lot of markets, which is good for minimizing risk but it will also minimize growth (appreciation) potential. I think there are better markets out there now, but it's certainly not a bad one.

As far as the turnkey provider, if they offer pre-rehab too....just make sure if you buy 'turnkey' from them that you aren't paying money upfront before the rehab is done. There are some turnkey providers out there who do that service, rather than you not having to pay anything until everything is done and working. It's a major risk difference, so just make sure you are clear on how they operate.

@Andreas F.  Indianapolis is a very good cash flow market with a strong and diverse economy, however, you have to be very careful of what area you're buying in. Indy varies neighborhood to neighborhood and you have to know what areas will give you a good return. I would stay out of areas with rents of less than $750/mth. I did a webinar on the Indianapolis market recently. I'd be happy to share a link to the recording if you'd like.

Mike

Originally posted by @Mike D'Arrigo:

@Andreas F. Indianapolis is a very good cash flow market with a strong and diverse economy, however, you have to be very careful of what area you're buying in. Indy varies neighborhood to neighborhood and you have to know what areas will give you a good return. I would stay out of areas with rents of less than $750/mth. I did a webinar on the Indianapolis market recently. I'd be happy to share a link to the recording if you'd like.

Mike

Thx Mike. I  sent you a message to follow up. Best, Andreas

@Mike D'Arrigo  Hi Mike,

I would be very interested in checking out your webinar. Could you send me a link to it?

Thanks!

Hi Mike,

I'm  a little late to the game but can I get a link to you're webinar?

Much Thanks,

Johanna

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here