Syndicated Deal Analyzer

13 Replies

Ok, I truly have to give a plug here for @Michael Blank 's Syndicated Deal Analyzer. I don't even know if this plug will even be allowed but i have to try.

I have now been using his tool for about a week now and let me tell you, I LOVE it. I was using David Lindahl's Big Profit Finder which is good, but I really don't think it is worth the $9 per month price tag. Glad I was on a 2 month free trial. With Michael's tool, you can do everything that Big Profit Finder can do and a whole lot more. I highly recommend anyone needing to analyzes numbers for multi-unit properties to check this tool out.

http://www.themichaelblank.com/syndicated-deal-analyzer/

PS: I get absolutely no compensation for this in any way. Just love the tool. :)

I think is a great review of the product and I want to try it

I've been analyzing commercial multifamily buildings for several years now and have tried in vain to create a spreadsheet that would work the way I think.  I found the Syndicated Deal Analyzer last week and gave it a try.  Absolutely love it.  I've gone through two deals with it now and have never had a better grasp of the numbers in such a short period of time.  The way Michael takes you through the analysis with the analyzer saves me so much time now.  I don't get all bogged down in the numbers, I just follow the spreadsheet and it all falls out int he end.  With a better understanding of the numbers it's also much easier to speak with the brokers to explain where I'm coming from or get more information from them.  Great product Michael.  Your tech background shows.  

I'm using Michael Blanks Deal Analyzer and love it. Just trying to figure out if anyone knows why if I increase Gross Scheduled Income in the Summary Tab, the returns drop. To me, returns should increase. I have tried a fresh spreadsheet and re-entered all the data. I must be missing something. 

I want to try this tool out, I just don't have 129 dollars to spend :(

The calculators on BP are for personal property investing

Michael's analyzer is for syndicated deals (buying properties with investors). It is much more detailed and is very customizable. You can't compare it to the BP calculators.

Saj Shah, SAJLA, LLC | CA Agent # 02003300

Does this work for non-apartment/multi-family commercial properties?

Maybe there's a deal to be had in syndicating the use of the spreadsheet for BP Pro members where Michael and BP split the profits ;) Or maybe there is a BP coupon code that someone has posted in the past? Just thinkin' aloud.

Chris Luksha, Carpenter | [email protected] | http://www.chrisluksha.com

Agree with the reviews of Michael Blank's tool. 

It is apples and oranges with the deal analyzer on BP.

BP's tool is great for a property - SFR or multi-family under $1MM.

Michael's tool is great for large projects ($5MM - $10MM+) where you can plug in different scenarios and compare them to the OM or T12. It also calculates IRR with a preferred return for LP investors as well as the GPs.

Medium pc logoPercy N., Penn Capital

@Karma Senge I see it's been a few years since you first started using the Syndicated Deal Analyzer. My question is, are you still using this tool? Are you still finding value in it? And, would you still recommend this tool over all others? Or, have you moved on to something new & improved? Thanks!

Medium 3vi logoBaze M., 3vi Commercial | [email protected] | 9175658800

Originally posted by @Baze M. :

Karma Senge I see it's been a few years since you first started using the Syndicated Deal Analyzer. My question is, are you still using this tool? Are you still finding value in it? And, would you still recommend this tool over all others? Or, have you moved on to something new & improved? Thanks!

Hey Baze M, 

I don't use Michael's SDA that much anymore. It is still a great tool don't get me wrong. I have just moved on from there. We currently are using RealData's Pro spreadsheet.

@Karma Senge Thanks for the response. Is there a link you can send me so I can check it out? Also, what does this product provide that makes it more attractive than  the SDA? 

Medium 3vi logoBaze M., 3vi Commercial | [email protected] | 9175658800