• Wholesaler
  • Saint Petersburg, FL
Votes |
Starting with a Pro

Sam Williams
  • Wholesaler
  • Saint Petersburg, FL
Posted Jul 21 2014, 15:45

Recently I got my first real chance to wholesale a house.The seller was asking a reasonable price and the property was a burden for her.  Since it was my first I wanted guaranteed success.  I could not fail.  To complicate things it looked like the sale would have to happen while I was in vacation!  My solution was to partner with a Pro.

Matt Larsen (Pinellas Beautification Project LLC) is a member of Bigger Pockets, works in my area and has completed a lot of "deals" over the last few years. When I approached him with the opportunity he was eager to help. He agreed to mentor me and walk me through the entire process. Matt met me at the property and engaged in the talks with the seller. He was professional, confident and encouraging to both the seller and myself.

The next week while I was vacationing with my family Matt orchestrated and completed the closing.  He kept me posted through texts.

When I got home we met at a restaurant and he very patiently went through every document line by line and answered every single question.  He never once said that my questions were ridiculous... :)  It was a pleasure to partner with a professional like Matt Larsen.  I understand far more now than I did before.  I'm so glad he was willing to work with me on this.  I think I saved a lot of time, money and possibly even some pain.

If you are new to this I would highly recommend partnering with somebody with experience.

Loading replies...