One week in Punta Cana. What should I read?

18 Replies

My wife and I are taking a late honeymoon next week and will be in the DR for a week. I don't normally have this type of down time and want to capitalize on it. What should I read REI related?

Millionaire real estate investor!  If you have not read it already..

Not necessarily REI related, directly... but I really enjoy The Richest Man in Babylon. It's a fun read once a year or so :). Have fun!

Originally posted by @Ryan Dossey:

My wife and I are taking a late honeymoon next week and will be in the DR for a week. I don't normally have this type of down time and want to capitalize on it. What should I read REI related?

What have been your favorite books so far?

I've read The ABC's of REI, Rich Dad Poor Dad, 4 Hour Work Week, and Nothing Down For The 2,000's. I liked Rich Dad Poor Dad but wanted more actual practical info other then just concepts.

@Jon Klaus  

my book "on the do's and don'ts of out of state investing an insiders view "

Enjoy your trip we were there in Nov  interesting place if you have not been

Honestly have never read this book, but considering you will be in Punta Cana on a Honeymoon....

Sex and Real Estate: Why We Love Houses by Marjorie Garber

OK...seriously, am I the only one here who wants to slap the snot out of Ryan?  Dude, I love your passion, but you're going on your honeymoon.  For the love of God, DO NOT spend the week reading!!!

The DR...your wife...the ocean...the sand...your wife...the drinks with little umbrellas...massages on the beach...your wife...........

@Hattie Dizmond  

I'm glad you straightened the boy out ... not sure I would have been so diplomatic.

trust @Hattie Dizmond   on this one  ;)

learning to strategically disengage from your business is a great skill for long term mental (and relationship) health

did not catch the honeymoon part of the post..  I echo the above RE will be here when you get back.. enjoy

we went to Dr this year me and my wife and got married there and please no reading but if you find your self that you have to read J Scott flipping house and estimate rehab great books on my top five business books and listen to the BP pod cast could be great by the pool also  and if you are in the Dr make sure you take the sunset horseback ride on the beach and the boat ride by the island the other pass on it. 

The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman

honeymoon...you're doing it wrong!

Five love languages actually is a really good book. And easy there guys. Maybe i should clarify.... we have long layovers and she bought herself a new kindle for them. The actual time there i completely agree with Jean. However this got pretty funny not going to lie.

Ryan D. don't read anything! This is a good time to relax on the beach drink a few Presidente's eat some mofongo and spend time with your wife. 

I know many would not agree with that but how many honeymoons do you plan on taking? 

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here