Guru, Book, & Course Reviews

User Stats

Votes
Steve Peixoto
Votes |
Beginner's Guide to Building Wealth Buying Houses

Steve Peixoto
Posted Aug 3 2008, 10:48

"The WealthLoop Series Beginner's Guide to Building Wealth Buying Houses: The Foolproof Roadmap to Real Estate Riches Without the Risks and Hassles of Landlording"

I like this book alot.

The general overview was a bit long for me. While I think the author has makes valid point regarding the value of income streams, I found some put downs of traditional methods of investing off putting.

That said the coverage of finding and buying a home is great. The part on getting renters is also good, but some advice on how to do credit and background checks would have been helpful. The example was very good as well. The parts on how to handle the back end of the transactions and how handle the money put aside for the buyer/renter are missing....

Thats my biggest criticism. Its almost as though the author doesn't expect the buyer/renter to ever purchase the home. I say this because the author implies that you can use the down payments to finance subsequent purchases. That would be fine, if there was some detail around how to do this and still have the buyers money for the purchase.
I also think that there should have been a recommendation for a lender to evaluate the back end of the deal and the renter to see if the end purchase is realistic.

Again, despite my criticisms, I still recommend buying this book. I'm strongly leaning toward this method of investment but don't think its a complete system. I'm now looking for another book that has detail this one is missing.