YOUR OWN PODCAST “FAMOUS FOUR”

7 Replies

If you were on the podcast how would you answer the “Famous Four?” Here’s mine

1. Favorite R.E. book? Just as Rich Dad “per se” is not a R.E. book but a frame of mind book, I like “The Magic of Thinking Big” by David Schwartz
  2. Favorite Business book? Ok so you’re going to notice a theme here“The greatest salesman in the World” by Og Mandino, heck anything by Og Mandino. I dig motivational reading
  3. What sets apart successful real estate investors and the ones who never make it? The ability to do the things that make you uncomfortable. Learn to do the things that other people don’t (or won’t) do.
  4. Hobbies? Who cares? We are only interested in how you can help us. But since you asked…… :)  People don’t care how much you know, till they know how much you care and it is obvious from your question that you care. :) So how much time do we have left?

1 I relly liked PB book "real estate rewind" it's full of great info

2 The Rich Dad series, they are more busness books than RE books

3 (sorry can't answer that because I haven't got started yet)

4 well since you asked I like collecting pocket knives and American History Memorbial.

Great idea @Jim Biggs !!

Originally posted by @Jim Biggs :

If you were on the podcast how would you answer the “Famous Four?” Here’s mine

1. Favorite R.E. book? Just as Rich Dad “per se” is not a R.E. book but a frame of mind book, I like “The Magic of Thinking Big” by David Schwartz
  2. Favorite Business book? Ok so you’re going to notice a theme here“The greatest salesman in the World” by Og Mandino, heck anything by Og Mandino. I dig motivational reading
  3. What sets apart successful real estate investors and the ones who never make it? The ability to do the things that make you uncomfortable. Learn to do the things that other people don’t (or won’t) do.
  4. Hobbies? Who cares? We are only interested in how you can help us. But since you asked…… :)  People don’t care how much you know, till they know how much you care and it is obvious from your question that you care. :) So how much time do we have left?

My favorite real estate book is " The Buy and Hold Real Estate Strategy (1994)" by David Schumacher. It's an older book, , but the strategy never changes. It is what convinced me to not waste my time flipping houses, not waste my time wholesaling, and go right into what would truly make me wealthy, buy and hold investing. As a funny note, the term "flipping" didn't exist when the book was written, but he does talk about it in general terms. 

My favorite business book is "Why We Want You to be Rich" by Robert Kiyosaki and Donald Trump. This book is what made me want to go 100% into real estate investing. 

The things that sets apart successful real estate investors, or successful people in general is I think most successful people have a little bit of OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder). Successful people get Hyper-focused on completing their goals. I literally see people who talk real estate all day every day with everyone they meet. They read real estate books, they listen to real estate podcasts. They sit on this site for hours a day. Of course they also work non-stop building their businesses. This is nothing a normal person could even fathom. 

Hobbies. I enjoy weightlifting, bicycling and fishing....lol

[email protected] | 402‑965‑1853

Thanks for asking, Mr @Jim Biggs !  It has been a great podcast!

Favorite RE book / info - The Quadrant Success System by Robert Lowry.

Business book -  Autobiography of Ben Franklin 

Set apart success- Align your mission, vision and purpose.  Figure out what they are and do that. Just wanting to earn easy, passive income to quit the day job won't cut it long-term.  This business can chew you up and spit you out!

Hobbies - softball, fishing, mtn biking, golfing badly :)

@Tristan C. Great hobbies that compliment one another. a physical object that you can attach a story to, i.e. the Bowie knife is a fovorite in both regards.

@Anthony Gayden The David Schumacher book sounds very interesting. Thanks for the "share"

@Steve Vaughan LOVE the Ben Franklin Bio. I too #Love to Golf Badly, I'm quite obsessed by it.

• Landlording on Auto Pilot by Mike Butler. This book was a great match to my belief in how to treat your residents.
  • How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie. Adjusted my attitude and sense of self.
  • Hard work coupled with a focused, action-oriented education. Focus is key. Too many people spread themselves too thin and don't go long enough. You have to take action or you're just working hard. And you have to work hard if you want to be a success. Somewhere along the lines, nearly everyone who is considered successful has had to pay their dues.
  • While not hobbies per say, in my free time I love hanging with the family, being involved with volunteer activities at church, and playing a very friendly game of cards (small stakes).

Medium webuysmallmultifamilesRonald Perich, We Buy Small Multifamilies | [email protected] | 314‑896‑0669 | http://webuysmallmultifamilies.com

@Ronald Perich

"Too many people spread themselves too thin and don't go long enough. You have to take action or you're just working hard."

That is a quotable topic!