Joe McCall's Programs and Coaching

16 Replies

This post is concerning Joe McCall and him not following through with what he says he will do when he sells his programs. He is creating special facebook groups, but students complain that he is never answering questions in these groups. Beware as he is now selling a new program with yet another facebook book he will create.

Joe, Why do you not answer questions here anymore. I am on your webinar now for new coaching, but can't trust buying anything more from you or recommending you when you fail to keep up with your students who purchase your programs, and then leave them. Please show up!

Other students had been complaining and commenting on my post and here is
Joe McCall reply below.

“Wow... Love you too... I appreciate the concern for me and how many deals you think I'm not doing. wink emoticon Seriously, I started a smaller, private, closed group over a year ago. This one was getting way too big be for me to devote any serious attention to it. My apologies... And the reason why I'm not on this bigger group anymore? It was taking too much time away from the deal side of my business. I should probably close it.”

If you started a group then you should have informed those who paid you for this private group. Sounds fishy to me. You are losing the trust of your students Joe!

Tammie I looked at this.. lease options are not what they used to be with the new financing  rules.   can you explain the premise of how you make money wholesaling a lease option contract..

of course the website gives no particulars...

I am curious of the attraction to this scheme or what you thought you were going to do with it in the first place...

Medium ksqoekox 400x400Jay Hinrichs, TurnKey-Reviews.com | Podcast Guest on Show #222

This is been my experience but there are some great marketers out there but the coaching aspect is not there, not available for questions for students who thought they were hiring a coach.

Joe is not a lot alone, there are many promoters a real estate agent case it say they have coaching from bones of the marketing materials and they really don't deliver results

Joe is not alone alone, there are many promoters a real estate agent case that say they have coaching components of the marketing materials and they really don't deliver results

1 on 1 coaching takes a lot of time and talent to get the "student" to know exactly what to do when.   There's a lot of hype in the marketing material saying that it's easy and fast, and there are people to answer questions at the drop of a hat

I have received many unhappy people as students that want the coaching but don't get it.

Coaching services take a talented teacher that  can push the student into resolve roads if we quickly

Many people have very busy lives whether it's another job or children or they just have habits that just don't condone them to working a second "job" by starting a real estate investing business

Many times I will make sure before someone becomes my 1 on 1 student that they talk to their spouse about giving him-her some free time and family time to start a second business on the side 

I specialize in expired listings in helping Sellers sell on terms whether it's lease-option assignments, also known as Wholesaling lease-options, subject to, installments sales,wrap around mortgages, joint ventures and private lender marketing

Getting licensed I think it's really important to be a cash your terms real estate investor, which is not talked about a lot in marketing

About 12 months ago I had somebody call me though it's been over $20,000 in one-on-one coaching with a very well-known Real Estate Investing Company, and this person was an experience flipper with over four years experience; she found out within three months of signing up for her coach was a 22-year-old kid in a cubicle in Salt Lake City call center

She was really pissed. 20 grand.

I told her I'm sorry but I can't really help her get her money back.

I will say this positive comment about Joe McCall, if you read all his posts on BP, and listen to all his podcast away for free you should get a very good understanding of many aspects of real estate investing.

Bottom line one-on-one coaching cost real money, and just because you know how to do it doesn't mean you're a good teacher

@Dev Horn

Is one of those patient teachers, but the coaches only as good as the player on the field. 

Coaches cannot do the grunt work, make the calls, shake hands with 100 homes sellers, follow up 10 times with each seller, be persistent and consistent in your marketing, and as Winston Churchill said, "never ever ever give up"

Medium banner reiskills 997   copyBrian Gibbons, REISkills | [email protected] | 818‑400‑3046 | http://MyREISkills.com

Disclosure: Owner

Tammy, it's not true that I am not answering my students questions anymore.  You can call my office here anytime: 888-930-3341

You can email my office at: [email protected]

You can submit a help desk ticket here anytime: https://wholesalingleaseoptions.zendesk.com/anonymous_requests/new

All of my students know how to reach me anytime they have a question.

I just find Facebook a huge distraction and waste of time.  90% of the people that were active in the group were not customers of mine.  They were not people who have ever bought my course before.  Besides, I think BiggerPockets is a much better platform for forums than Facebook is.

I have two smaller, more intimate and private facebook groups where I spend more time and answer questions.  If you want to be invited into those groups, let me know.

By the way, if you would like to talk with me personally, please contact our office and my team will schedule a time for us to talk.  There's no need to call me out in public in a forum like this.  I would have appreciated you personally reaching out to me first.

If you ever bought anything of mine, and you want your money back, please let me know and I will gladly refund your money.

Thanks - Joe 

Joe McCall, Wholesaling Lease Options | 888‑930‑3341 | http://www.RealEstateInvestingMastery.com

@Brian Gibbons

so Brian what exactly is wholesaling a lease option ...? and how can one make money doing that.. how do you do it and how do you structure it.

Is it just another form of wholesaling another words. you give option money  and maybe a lease payment or two. and you have negotiated a wholesale price.. then you flip the option contract to a end buyer for a fee and they take your option position and then close on the property... I am thinking maybe that's how it works.

Being a cash buyer and no time for all this stuff I get lost on all these complicated ways to  make a few grand  LOL

Medium ksqoekox 400x400Jay Hinrichs, TurnKey-Reviews.com | Podcast Guest on Show #222

Joe,  I am your student and did not get help when I posted where you said to post.  If you have followed through your students, many of them would not be complaining.  You are simply selling and not delivering.  I just wanted basic questions answered to do the program.  Just wanted what I paid for and this seems to be the only way you guys ever respond.  No I did not know about how to contact you.  Perhaps you need to make it clear and keep up with students.  If you say you will answer questions in a private facebook post then that is what you should have done.  

Well you may be a expert in so many things Jay but my expertise lies in Financial planning, estate planning, selling on terms like Lease purchase, sub 2, land contracts, property trusts, joint ventures with home sellers, and others.

Wholesaling lease options has to do generally with houses that are pretty with no work, and they generally have a little equity, so here are the steps

Number one you show the seller all their options

They generally are 

selling with an agent paying the cost to sell

Leasing the property manager and dealing with tenants that perhaps could give you a headache

Selling on terms in your state, which could be lease purchase, subject to, wraparound mortgage, land contract, contract for deed, etc

Wholesaling lease options have to do with entering into a lease and option with the seller, then when I do once I have that agreement with my LLC, I record the option

Then I market my option to a buyer that is willing to pay me an option release fee of  3%

This is not an assignment but an option release fee

Selling your contract and not the house

With all this hoopla in Ohio, California, and Florida, about brokering deals, getting license and acting as a principal is the way to go

Please PM me if I can help you any further

Medium banner reiskills 997   copyBrian Gibbons, REISkills | [email protected] | 818‑400‑3046 | http://MyREISkills.com

It is a shame that you don't respond until you have negative feedback.  That seems that is what it takes.  Sad.  

BTW, I have tried to contact you repeatedly.  I know others also asked for you to answer on the facebook post, and I get that you said you quit that, but it is too bad you didn't inform the paying students as such.  Please deliver what you "sell."  It is only after someone lets everyone else know that you decide to answer.  It is pretty telling and doesn't look good for you.  Perhaps you need to go back to the facebook page and answer questions there for everyone.

Disclosure: Owner

Tammy, I'm real sorry for the problems you've had in reaching me. Trust me... It has not been intentional and I have never purposely ignored your questions. 

I just sent you a refund for $297. You can keep the course. 

And again - if you have any questions, please contact my office directly. 

Joe McCall, Wholesaling Lease Options | 888‑930‑3341 | http://www.RealEstateInvestingMastery.com

I will do that now that I have contact information.  Thank you, I appreciate that.  I hope that you will make a post and let other students know how to contact you as well.  

Disclosure: I know Joe

@Tammy Watanabe   I am a very good friend of @Joe McCall  and I would never have ANY hesitation in referring someone to him. 

I just saw where Joe is refunding your $297.

Wow...$297? 

I bet what you got is worth about 10 TIMES that much!!!

And you are posting on a site complaining about him not posting a lot on Facebook?

HAHAHAHA!!!

Joe is a solid guy...I think you need to study the course and materials that he WAAAAY undersold to you and put them in action. 

@Brian Gibbons  had some very solid points in his post. 

@Tammy Watanabe   You spent $297 for what I know to be AMAZING stuff...and you are whining about Joe not posting on Facebook. 

I can assure you I know where your real estate career is headed.....

John Jackson, I am sure you are his friend or guru.  I think you don't know what you are talking about.  It is not simply not posting in facebook as you so simply put it.  I know you guys stick together so your little opinion means nothing.  BTW I bought more than one of Joe's programs and found it to be the same.  I would much prefer he give a complete program than refunding my money.   I spent time on all his training videos, so it would been nice that he helped his students as he promised you know when selling the "moon."  All he had to do was answer his students, but he chose not to.  It took someone to bash him publicy for him to start with damage control.   

@Tammy Watanabe  Oh...I know what I'm talking about.

Some people would rather type a post than take action.

In Joe's defense, at least here in BP, he replied to your post the same day and gave you 3 ways to contact his business to resolve your issue.  And if he has also refunded your money, perhaps it might be appropriate to dial back the vitriol being aimed at Mr. McCall.

I do know John Jackson personally, and I'd take a bullet for that guy.  So, please put down the gun.  =)

Medium wbh square logoDev Horn, We Buy Houses® | [email protected] | 877‑932‑8946 | http://webuyhouses.com/profile/arlington

In all honesty Tammy. I don't know Joe, or any "guru" personally. However, there is enough evidence out there, that a high majority of them are hard sell's and scam's, whether it's a 300 dollar material scam, or a 50k seminar scam. The rest are not worth the money. They take advantage of new people that are eager to get into the real estate business for various reasons and they sell them, and under deliver on promises, then disappear to rinse and repeat. While I can't call Joe a flat out scam, I have enough evidence, that whatever Joe is selling, can be found on the internet or here in bigger pockets. There are no "secrets". There is education and experience, and in today's age of the internet, that is available for free.

Save the money.

Originally posted by @Gabe G. :

In all honesty Tammy. I don't know Joe, or any "guru" personally. However, there is enough evidence out there, that a high majority of them are hard sell's and scam's, whether it's a 300 dollar material scam, or a 50k seminar scam. The rest are not worth the money. They take advantage of new people that are eager to get into the real estate business for various reasons and they sell them, and under deliver on promises, then disappear to rinse and repeat. While I can't call Joe a flat out scam, I have enough evidence, that whatever Joe is selling, can be found on the internet or here in bigger pockets. There are no "secrets". There is education and experience, and in today's age of the internet, that is available for free.

Save the money.

And I'll follow up to say nor do I pay for any REI materials but that means I have to dig through a sea of info on the net sorta aimlessly at times where I imagine when you pay for books or online programs the information is packaged neatly for you to follow step by step until you're quickly on your way to getting your first deal. If bet if you were willing to cough up the $300 and follow the lessons/guidelines you'd find a lot of value especially if you're the type that's good with instructions and cooking with cook books and such. I'm not. But for those that are these programs I'd imagine get the food prepared and put in the oven and within the first few attempts yield some tasty/lucrative results.

As far Joe McCall, don't know him personally but I listen to his podcasts and he seems like a good reasonable guy who knows his  and if I were in the market for some educational materials I'd definitely give his stuff a look. And maybe he missed a step with this Facebook issue but I'd have reserved a public call out like this for more severe  and just found a way to contact him personally.