Any reviews on the 3-day RichDad Poor Dad seminar?

Any reviews on the 3-day RichDad Poor Dad seminar?

Medford, MA · Member since 2008 · 122 posts · 23 votes

HI All,

I went to a Rich Dad free event yesterday and was encouraged to sign up for the 3-day seminar to learn the strategies of doing all these type of real estate deals, setting up entities etc. The 3-day event cost $495 at this seminar.  The speaker had really sold me but I didn't sign up as I wasn't available on the dates for the 3-day seminar.

Curious if anyone has taken his 3-day series and if they can share their thoughts.

Thanks!

0Reply
17 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Broker · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
11y

Its going to be a pitch to spend more money on their more expensive courses. Don't waste your money. Hang out around here. Ask questions. 

I loved RDPD it completely change my mindset. But that's all you should take away. Unless you want to spend thousands of dollars to buy courses instead of actual property.

See this reply in the discussion

14 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Marietta, GA · Member since 2015 · 117 posts · 23 votes
    11y

    I can tell you that he is extremely popular with real estate investors.  He has probably started off more real estate investors than anyone else.  I've never heard one bad thing about him.  

  • Real Estate Broker · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    11y

    Its going to be a pitch to spend more money on their more expensive courses. Don't waste your money. Hang out around here. Ask questions. 

    I loved RDPD it completely change my mindset. But that's all you should take away. Unless you want to spend thousands of dollars to buy courses instead of actual property.

  • Durham, NC · Member since 2013 · 502 posts · 215 votes
    11y

    @Dolores Waldron

    This topic has been discussed in the forums back and forth. Just do a search. I think the consensus is that the seminars are a huge waste of resources. But form your own opinion.

  • Medford, MA · Member since 2008 · 122 posts · 23 votes
    11y

    Thanks, I didn't see a spot where I could actually search the forums - I'm sure it's been discussed hundreds of times - thanks so much for the feedback....

    I do agree that you can spend all the time in the world on the courses but useless if you don't actually do anything.

  • Durham, NC · Member since 2013 · 502 posts · 215 votes
    11y

    I would go further, there is greater value in using up the BP resources, even if you apply your newly acquired "knowledge" from those courses. 

  • Nicole A.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Baltimore County Maryland and Tampa Florida · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    11y

    Don't do it. You'll be paying $495 to hear a few tips that will leave you with more questions and then a pitch to purchase their other classes that go well into the thousands of dollars. Perhaps @George Allen's comment was a joke...especially about never hearing a bad thing about them.

    Research on this website. Go to local REIAs. There's absolutely no need to spend tons of money on "education".

  • Marietta, GA · Member since 2015 · 117 posts · 23 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Nicole A.:

    Don't do it. You'll be paying $495 to hear a few tips that will leave you with more questions and then a pitch to purchase their other classes that go well into the thousands of dollars. Perhaps @George Allen's comment was a joke...especially about never hearing a bad thing about them.

    Research on this website. Go to local REIAs. There's absolutely no need to spend tons of money on "education".

     Just going from experience.  He is very popular with people and has gotten a lot of people into real estate investing. Just look for reviews he has a ton of them.  I don't know the guy and have never taken his courses.  But I have probably heard about him more from people than anyone and all positive just relaying what I know. 

  • Nicole A.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Baltimore County Maryland and Tampa Florida · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    11y

    @George Allen Yes, the Rich Dad Poor Dad book(s) have in fact inspired lots of people including myself. However, his books don't actually teach the how-to...it just helps change your mindset and inspire you. Because I loved his books so much, I did go to one of the seminars years ago and it was basically a huge money dump. The instructors would get you to call your credit cards to ask for a limit increase (to then turn around and "invest" in your education). They even went so far as to say that if you did not sign up that you were not dedicated to your future.

  • Marietta, GA · Member since 2015 · 117 posts · 23 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Nicole A.:

    @George Allen Yes, the Rich Dad Poor Dad book(s) have in fact inspired lots of people including myself. However, his books don't actually teach the how-to...it just helps change your mindset and inspire you. Because I loved his books so much, I did go to one of the seminars years ago and it was basically a huge money dump. The instructors would get you to call your credit cards to ask for a limit increase (to then turn around and "invest" in your education). They even went so far as to say that if you did not sign up that you were not dedicated to your future.

     I guess I should clarify.  His Rich Dad Poor Dad book is what I am referring too.  Nothing but rave reviews. 

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Golden, CO · Member since 2013 · 590 posts · 319 votes
    11y

    @George Allen The question wasn't about the book, it was about the course. We all know the book is motivational. The course however is a big sales pitch to buy their education. Not worth it. Read on here and save your money.

  • Marietta, GA · Member since 2015 · 117 posts · 23 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Kyle Doney:

    @George Allen The question wasn't about the book, it was about the course. We all know the book is motivational. The course however is a big sales pitch to buy their education. Not worth it. Read on here and save your money.

     I know that I am referring to the book beyond that I don't know

  • Engineer · Florissant, MO · Member since 2013 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    11y
    I went to the Rich Dad $500 course about 10 years ago and I can tell you that its really general information you can get anywhere. The will try to up sell you to more training that will cost in the thousands. I would stick to BP.
  • Medford, MA · Member since 2008 · 122 posts · 23 votes
    11y

    Thanks All - VERY helpful !!

  • New Investor · Lawrenceville, GA · Member since 2015 · 19 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    I have been to the 3 day course about 3-4 years ago. 

    I had no clue about real estates back then, so it was educational for me. 

    Of course with the basic information they provide you in the 3 day course you can self learn online or from this community that's literally free.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.