• Involved In Real Estate
  • Portland, OR
Votes |
Book Review: The Copywriter's Handbook by Robert W. Bly

Jeff NA
  • Involved In Real Estate
  • Portland, OR
Posted Nov 23 2008, 14:02

Just about to return this to the library, and wanted to write a review on it.

Absolutely amazing book. I took this book out to try and see if I could pick up a tip or two before trying to write direct mail, and I'm returning it and going straight to the bookstore to buy my own copy. The book is full of information on writing copy, the importance of headlines, the common mistakes of copywriters (often by trying to be too cute instead of writing to generate sales, even if that means being bland), and how to approach the various ways of advertising (direct mail, web, print, etc). While it focuses on writing copy, I took much more from it, including the psychology of consumers (that it's not necessarily what people need, it's what they perceive they need), and came away full of new ideas that I had never considered on marketing.

Price on the book is $17.00, and even at twice that cost I would consider it a must have for anyone that is marketing to buyers or sellers. There are a few chapters that most investors will never use, mostly on how to find a job as a copywriter, but of the 15 chapters, I'd consider at least 8 to be essential reading. Good stuff.

Jeff

Loading replies...