• Investor
  • Las Vegas, NV
Votes |
My Experience with a Real Estate Guru

Raphaela Todd
  • Investor
  • Las Vegas, NV
Posted Apr 9 2016, 22:55

Just wanted to share my observations with my BP family with regard to my experience with a Real Estate Guru Organization.

I initially started out by attending a free 2-hour seminar, where they gave you very general information about real estate investing and stressing more on the audience's desire to become "rich" or be able to quit their job.   At the end of the seminar, they offer a "discounted" fee of $197 to attend their 3-Day Workshop.   So, for only $197 ... I decided to attend.  Well, although I did learn a lot during the first day and-a-half, it became clear by the latter part of day 2 that they were selling a very expensive education for anywhere from $20,000 to as much as $50,000.    I decided NOT to empty my IRAs and run up my credit cards to pay their fee as my interviewer strongly suggested.   I told him that even though I would love a mentor to "hold my hand" through my first deals ... there was no way I was going to fork over all that money ahead of time.    I did, however, propose that I would be happy to pay their fees by having them TAKE THEM OUT OF THE PROFITS I MADE while they held my hand.     Of course, they "don't do that."   Well, I told them, we're at an impasse, and I won't hand over that kind of money.   They called me a few more times after the 3-Day Workshop, and I firmly repeated my position, telling them if they weren't willing to work with me on MY terms, then we wouldn't be working together.     I'll never forget the look of relief on my husband's face.  I think he was afraid I was going to try and push him into paying all this money.    Luckily for me, my husband has total faith in me, and it feels great!!  

What amazed me most of all through that experience, was how the 3-Day Workshop felt more like a brain-washing than it did anything else. Aside from that, I'm glad I went as it did motivate me to become educated on my own. I've been doing this for the past 5 months or so, and have learned so much through books, videos, REIA meetings and now BP ! So glad I found BP, and am thrilled at how many wonderful people I continue to meet everyday.

Thanks for listening !!

Loading replies...