McRib International Seminars - certified instructor mentorship

7 Replies

Does anybody at all on this website reading this actually think that "McRib Seminars International" could possibly be a real thing? A BP intern pulled down a McRib post for self-promotion. I spent time on a great graphic and my feelings were hurt. Are there no humor/satire exceptions here? Real estate investors gotta laugh once in a while, too!

Awwh nah. Did they pull the one with the guy climbing the cliff?

I've enjoyed the McRib seminar metaphor, especially the Platinum Masters Program.  When we see someone new asking about a guru seminar, what are we supposed to tell them now?  We'll be lost! 

We do need a good chuckle on these forums.  I vote to save and keep McRib!  #McRib Strong

@Steve Vaughan

Thanks for your support, Steve. I did a shot of the Parthenon with "Invest in lasting value."

McRib may have to go undercover to get our positive message across.

#McCrib

Originally posted by @Jim K. :

@Steve Vaughan

Thanks for your support, Steve. I did a shot of the Parthenon with "Invest in lasting value."

McRib may have to go undercover to get our positive message across.

#McCrib

Got it. Will keep the nasty sandwich on the DL.

I like McCrib. You have a knack for this.   At least my guy is still climbing his cliff ;)

Jim, how do you answer if "you have a relationship with this company?" LOL  You invented it. Just now!

@Steve Vaughan

It was @Dennis M. who came up with the "half-gnawed McRib" gag that really made the name pop.

It's pretty simple to claim I do not have a relationship with McRib Seminars International, because, after all, there is no company, product or service...I realize and appreciate that Bigger Pockets has to keep the rapacious self-promoters in this business out of the forums. We just had a young lady claiming to be able to generate 350K in sales per month with targeted Facebook ads, no overhead, no US mailing address, no ability or desire to verify her claims, all with a degree in political science from the University of Michigan (supposedly), a Wix website, and an Instagram account full of duck-face selfies and inspirational sayings. And she kept at it, even after multiple people called her out.

If the forums were overrun with those people, I'd ask myself every five minutes (even at my comparatively diminutive earning ability) why I was wasting my time reading crap.

But flaked and formed pig offal masquerading as something it's not is just perfect as a metaphor for get-rich-quick real estate schemes. I hope there's a place for McRib in BP in the days ahead.

It’s evident the intern was still in the coop strutting around with the chickens .the poor fella couldn’t expand his context and as a result , missed his chance to soar with the eagles .. diamond encrusted eagles .

@Dennis M.

Always, the visionaries pay the price for economic and social short-sightedness. I'm going to have to pull the radio ads and get the YouTube promos down.

I imagine a lot of the pushback on the seminar is a result of creative techniques that “ they don’t want you to know! “ any common idiot can do a subject to but do they know about doing a subject three ? How about a reverse wraparound flip .. or a triple sandwich lease with an option ? This isn’t an ordinary seminar .This is the key for you young people on the west coast fresh out of college Who don’t have any savings, any income ,and  no marketable skills aside  from regional beer pong champion. Follow Jim’s techniques and you’ll be buying properties for zero down ! That’s right .. zero ! Sellers will be mailing you the deals with yellow letters ! Get on board folks because it’s hard to soar with the Eagles if your fenced in down in the chicken coop