Homeowner · Sussex County, NJ · Member since 2019 · 29 posts · 14 votes
I have recently considered pursuing a side hustle of becoming a Notary Loan Signing Agent as a means of extra cash for building up my reserves. I have considered paying a couple of hundred dollars for a training course and receiving a certification, but before I did I, was curious if anyone who is currently a LSA can speak to this.
Do you need coursework/a certification to get started?
Building on that, which courses do you recommend? (I was considering the "Loan Signing System" by Mark Wills)
Overall, would you say it is something worth pursuing and the ends justify the means? Or do the low barriers of entry make this more competitive then it seems?
I appreciate any help, anyone can offer. (I am also located in North Jersey)
Tampa, FL · Member since 2021 · 108 posts · 68 votes
5y
Anything can be a good idea when you compare the cost to certify against potential earnings year over year, but the one thing I have seen trending since last year are low cost notary options on sites like task rabbit or other apps.
You will definitely need to be the cheapest option for a while to build your brand is what I have seen. If that's not something you agree with it could easily be seen as "not worth it", but it's really up to you.
After building your reputation and smoozing with local title companies to build a funnel, it's likely you can make some decent money, but at that rate of time you could just get a part time job and save for a deal.