I bought the $2,000 2 day seminar and I just found out they try to sell you more product after this seminar.....is this worth it or should I walk away?
Franklin, TN · Member since 2013 · 39 posts · 15 votes
13y
I am 36 years old. I wanted to be a real estate investor when I was 16. My lacrosse coach was an ivy league graduate with a law degree and never practiced law. He was a real estate investor. He coached us for free cause he loved the game and took time out of his day to do that for free. He is why I am here and he gave me the best advice I have ever received. I asked him about buying a 600 dollar real estate coarse and he plainly explained to me this......That guy makes millions of dollars selling you this coarse, not investing in real estate. No hate for the guru's but he happily gave me everything I needed to know for free, although that son of a B did make me do a lot of grunt work for the knowledge! I would happily do it again!
Developer · Boston, MA · Member since 2013 · 128 posts · 66 votes
11y
For anyone considering the Flipping Formula or any other "guru" course. Take the money you would have spent on it and use it towards marketing. Then you can wholesale, especially in the Boston area, for 10-50k each deal. You should be able to easily make your money back and then some if you market for 6+ months to the same group of people and build rapport with local investors via REIAs to source them deals. Focus on MFHs, because that's where there is greater wholesale value than SFH.
For my specific experience with the FF (yes, I bought into it and regretted it), you can see my other post reply here (scroll down a little for my post): https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/79/topics/147152-the-flipping-formula---sat-through-2-hour-seminar-and
For anyone seriously considering paying for their course: please PM me because I can help advise you on how to start a marketing campaign or to better use your funds. The guru course is not cheap and you only need a fraction of what they ask to get a wholesale operation going.
I bought the $2,000 2 day seminar and I just found out they try to sell you more product after this seminar.....is this worth it or should I walk away?
They change their name constantly to stay ahead of the law and are being investigated by several state attorney generals offices.
Currently Tarek and Christina El Moussa from HGTVs Flip or Flop have sold their souls and are the spokes people that are leading to ripping of their desperate fans. See page 20 of the thread link above for contact details. I suggest reading the entire thread.
I'd assume anyone writing anything positive about the scam is working for the company as on that thread you will see they have changed their name about a dozen times over the years.
If you REALLY care about people and don't just like bitching on forums you can go to page 20 of the thread link I provided and do something as simple as write an email and try to make a difference.