• Rental Property Investor
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
Foreclosure Research in Northern VA

Adam L.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Tampa, FL
Posted Nov 29 2015, 07:20

Hello everyone. I am new to the site (and to real estate in general) and will likely be moving to the Northern VA/DC area next summer. I am trying to get an idea of places to look or people to talk to about foreclosures in the Alexandria/Springfield/Woodbridge area. The reason I am looking mostly at foreclosures is for the ability to gain equity as I improve the home. I am hoping to renovate the home while I am living in it and increase the value to increase the rent I can ask for when I move again.

Through the minor research I have done and friends I have talked to thus far, I know the market is very fast paced.  You need to find what you want and buy it ASAP before someone else does.  That being said, I want to get as much knowledge as possible now before it comes time to actually go buy the house.

I will be looking for a single family home, preferable with more than a postage stamp for a lawn as I have a couple big dogs, so advice on better areas for that type of house would also be appreciated!

Also, any advice on good agents to work with would be awesome as well!  Thanks in advance, folks!

Loading replies...