Washington D.C. Real Estate Q&A Discussion Forum
Account Closed
  • College Park, MD
Votes |
New RE/Business group D.C. Metro Area

Account Closed
  • College Park, MD
Posted Aug 14 2017, 10:01

Hello, I am looking into starting a new RE/Business group around the D.C. Metro area. I'm doing some research to see if there is any type of demand for this? I have been to a lot of groups and networking events where people just pitch their ideas/business/deals/etc and they are always such a turn-off. This space would be to just meet high-quality people and have a good time learning new things and share your ideas rather than trying to make a quick buck off of someone else. My goal is to create a comfortable environment were your true self-comes out... not the person that feels they have to impress everyone. 

I have some general ideas about its direction:

- Purely Networking and sharing ideas, not a space to pitch at people like some other events

- Relaxed environment 

- Free meetings 

- Some type of media integration

- The goal is to connect good, high-quality people 

- Meet once a month for several hours 

- The group would not act as a business as some other RE groups or meetups (no memberships, paid classes, etc)

If this is something you would be interested in and feel that there is a need for this please let me know and give me feedback! 

Also, this is just an idea so feel free to criticize it as much as you can! Thank you!

Loading replies...