Votes
JD DiGiacomandrea
  • Macedon, NY
Votes |
Details of the First Deal?

JD DiGiacomandrea
  • Macedon, NY
Posted Sep 7 2016, 07:21

Hello all! I have been a lurker for a few months now and now I want to start taking some action! My name is JD and I am excited to begin investing in Real Estate. I am a native Rochesterian and I want to start my buy and hold Real Estate portfolio. After doing a bit of research I want to look into the 19th ward, East Rochester, and potentially the Swillburg neighborhoods. I feel like starting in these areas would be best. My plan right now is to pay off my last student debt by December, and then begin the process of acquiring my first property in the spring of next year. I feel a bit overwhelmed, mostly by the finding of deals, as loopnet and the MLS don't seem to list real deals. This makes sense, good deals won't be delivered to my fingertips I figure.

So that leaves my biggest question right now. How did you find your first deal? How did you finance your first deal? Can I just go to the bank and ask for a real estate investment mortgage? Is that a thing?

Any advice would be great. looking forward to connecting with everyone in Rochester!

Loading replies...