• Investor
  • Somerville, MA
Votes |
Looking for a "creative" lender in upstate- Saratoga county

Adam Sankowski
  • Investor
  • Somerville, MA
Posted Apr 8 2019, 20:20

Looking for a lender referral in the Capitol District!  I'm doing some research for my mom who is looking to downsize from her current house.  She's currently in Saratoga county and looking to stay close to there (maybe moving to Glenville- Schenectady area).  Inventory for what we are looking for is pretty scare... something single story, smaller (less than 1500 sq. ft)... no condos really are around that are decent, and anything really nice is pretty much a new build situation. 

So me being a real estate investor from Boston I'm thinking I should help her build/ rehab a dream home since nothing really exists... and while we are at it BRRR (minus the repeat, this is a one time primary residence).

The catch is that she's retired, so living on a teacher pension and social security.  Can you even get a loan with that?  She's got great credit, current place is paid off etc.  So looking for a creative/ solid lender who can work with someone on a fixed income to refi a place after rehab.  Any suggestions for who you use who I could talk to for more info?  Thanks!!!! 

Loading replies...