Hi All - I am in the process of analyzing a deal in the Town of Islip that the numbers work as a house-hack, but is it allowed? The property is zoned for single-family residential but the listing agent said it could be rented by paying a $250 - $500 fee to the town and getting a fire inspection. Does anyone have experience with this? Any resources I should check out?

Rental Occupancy Permit Application

Town of Islip Code