Need help with Excel...

6 Replies

So I am a beginner with Excel. I can make spreadsheets that do math, but nothin fancy. I recently purchased a list from my county, and I need help merging cells. Each little piece of info is in it's own cell. Like the address 123 abc st city state is in 5 separate cells. How can I set it up so that 123 abc st is in one cell?

Or use the "&" operator. It does concatenation. So, if your data is in row 1, cells A through E you might want F1 to be:

=a1 & " " & b1 & " " & c1 & ", " & d1 & " " e1

You can use concatenate, but you still may have to include spaces and puncturation to get the desired result.

Promotion
Sharestates
America's Private Lender
Receive Fix and Flip Funding Approval In As Little As 24 Hours!
Sharestates helps developers and brokers secure funding quickly with the most competitive terms.
Get Funded

Hello Joshua,

You can use the CONCATENATE formula.

Type in: =CONCATENATE(A1," ",B1," ",C1," ",D1," ",E1)

step 1: type in formula in the formula bar

step 2: press enter to get your results

step 3: drag to copy down

Hope this helps.

Thomas Thatcher

Originally posted by @Joshua Gordon :
So I am a beginner with Excel. I can make spreadsheets that do math, but nothin fancy. I recently purchased a list from my county, and I need help merging cells. Each little piece of info is in it's own cell. Like the address 123 abc st city state is in 5 separate cells. How can I set it up so that 123 abc st is in one cell?

What are you trying to do with the data? Assuming you are doing a mail merge for marketing purposes, you can leave the data in the individual cells and then pull each merge field into document very easily.

thank you everyone!!! This will help me tremendously!

@Scott McMahan I am trying to upload the list into zoho crm so that I may keep track of who I mailed to and how often (as my list is rather large). I only have my iPhone and random access to a computer, so I can't really use excel to track.