What is Google Voice

5 Replies

Hello all. Please explain what Google Voice can actually do, and how all of you use it for your REI activities. Thank you.

I am not good with new technology, but Google voice as I use it lets me give vocal commands to my smart phone instead of tying the commands out. Ex, tell it to get the phone number for Menards, and it does, then I tell it to call Menards, or I simply tell it call someone on my phone list. it can do more but that is the common uses I do. It is handy if you are driving.

I do not have a smart phone. I save money by just using a cheap Tracfone where I pay by the minute. We use our home phone for prospective tenants to call us.

@Jerry W. @Steve Might Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but Google Voice is being phased out and "integrated" into Google Hangouts. It's possible that some of the functionality that Jerry W. has come to enjoy may soon no longer be available.

Google Voice to Merge with Google Hangouts

Google Hangouts has its own innate functionality for making video calls. Currently, users on Hangouts can make calls through the interface using their Google phone number. However, this is very different from the Google Voice functions that you would have used. Reports indicate that most of Google Voice

Mark Forest , I use Google Voice to have an alternate phone # to give out on advertising, etc. w/o having to have another phone line. When you get a voice message it will, if possible, transcribe the message to your email or to the voice app, if you have one. The voice # can be forwarded to ring your phone, or sent to voicemail w/o turning your phone off if you don't want to be bothered.

Google is only for people looking for something for free.

Joe Gore

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here