Google Adwords Partner

6 Replies

Hi Folks!  

Has anyone become a Google Adwords Partner? If you did, was it beneficial? Helped your PPC Campaign?  Thanks in advance!

Google Adwords is GREAT! But can also be a huge detriment if you don't know how to use it correctly! You should definitely monitor it frequently! Adjust accordingly! AND ANALYZE CONSTANTLY!

First, I suggest doing A LOT of research on your competitors before you begin! It's also important to make sure you have a high SEO listing before you begin, and make sure you have quality backlinks as well!

You can check your backlinks for free at www.hrefs.com

@Jonathan Avila  You need to have a very tight keyword list or you will be spending a ton of money on words and phrases that don't convert.

I'd do a ton of research first and then start off with a handful of keywords to test on.  Once you start gaining traction I'd add more keywords and change your filters.  Start off with exact match and move phrase and then broad (use negative keywords with broad).

Medium logo jbh austinJerred Morris, Jerred Buys Austin Houses

I want to learn more about this as well. Definitely want to step up my online leads. Tried PPC a while ago when I had about $300 in free credit. I blew it all in about 3 days and got 2 leads... crap leads.

Originally posted by @Jerred Morris :

@Jonathan Avila  You need to have a very tight keyword list or you will be spending a ton of money on words and phrases that don't convert.

I'd do a ton of research first and then start off with a handful of keywords to test on.  Once you start gaining traction I'd add more keywords and change your filters.  Start off with exact match and move phrase and then broad (use negative keywords with broad).

Jerred hit the nail on the head. I'm a Google Partner (doing SEO/PPC as my full-time gig). The goal is to limit your keyword lists/match types to folks further down the sales funnel/ready to convert. The success of your campaigns really comes from the initial research combined with ongoing testing.

You have to be really careful when you use Google Adwords. If you don't know what you're doing it can be a lot of trouble and you can waste a lot of money quickly. I had another problem with the Youtube views. The problem here was money was taken out of my account and I got some views but they didn't appear on my Google Analytics for some reason.

Check out Twitter ads, Facebook ads, and PPV. Pay per view is a really interesting pay per click model. You can actually get traffic for a fraction of a cent. You basically piggy back off of popular websites and funnel traffic back to your sites. You can funnel traffic from MTV, Forbes, CNN, New York Times etc.  

Hi @Jonathan Avila,

To specifically answer your question, no, becoming an AdWords Partner will have no impact on the success of your campaigns. The exams can help you to know what you don't yet know, but the subject mater covered is relatively basic - the resulting "badge" does nothing for you unless you're trying to acquire PPC clients and manage their campaigns (that's what it's geared for). It's quite literally a sales tool for Google and nothing more - if you spend enough, you get a "rep" that's just a Google salesperson that tries to get you to spend more (regardless of ROI). I'd say it's irrelevant if you're running your own campaigns.