Skip to content
Real Estate Technology

User Stats

Votes
Justin Bell
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
Is anyone using a craigslist scraper to contact potential leads?

Justin Bell
  • Charlotte, NC
Posted Aug 6 2015, 08:54

Hello to all!!

I have been using Duncan Wierman's Online Lead Finder software for almost a year now.  However, in the past 4 months, the software has gone down hill and has now become essentially useless.  I have gone back and forth with tech support almost every single day, and after multiple updates that promised to fix the problems I've had with the software, I'm still no better off than I was four months ago.

Specifically, I have had issues with the "Classifieds Posters" app.  For those of you unfamiliar with the software or this "app" in particular, essentially you input your search criteria (i.e. homes for sale by owner posted on CL in the last 6 months, under $150,000 asking price, 1+ bedrooms) and it combs through CL looking for ads that match your criteria.  You then upload a list of email addresses that you own, set up the SMTP, upload a template email, and hit send.  Viola!  It starts sending your template email to the email addresses connected with those ads.  It is set up so that it only sends one email about every 5 minutes, and it rotates through the various email addresses you have given it to send from using SMTP.  

However, this no longer works.  CL now throws up a Captcha when Online Lead Finder tries to send out an email, and the email never gets sent.

So my first question is: Does anyone else use this software?  Have you had the same problems?  How did you overcome them, if you were able to?

My second question is: Does anyone else use a software that is similar to what I am describing?

I know that you can use VAs to accomplish the same thing, but I know there has to be an automated system out there that works.  HELP!!!!

Loading replies...