Craigslist Help

11 Replies

I am currently buying about 10 parcels of vacant land a month in different parts of the country.  I am trying to post ads in multiple craigslist markets.  I only post one ad per day per account but I am getting 80% of my ads deleted.

Any advice?

Craigslist prefers people posting locally, so it my get deleted by their system if it sees a Florida account posting in Texas for example. It is also possible you have competition flagging your ad, but I would be surprised if 80% of your ads were inappropriately flagged. You can also try posing this question on the Craigslist Ad help forum to get responses from people more familiar with craigslist.

https://forums.craigslist.org/?forumID=3

Hard to give advise without knowing what is in your craigslist ads.  If you show us what you posted we would be better equipped to assist you.

Michael Badin, MZB Properties, LLC | [email protected] | 267‑981‑2928

10 Acres off 93 south Wikieup

image 1

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap

(google map)

0BR available now

land

10 beautiful acres to get away from it all. Only $3000.00 cash or 125/month for 60 months. This deal will not last long. Great Bugout location.

Located just off highway 93 on burro creek road, use GPS to find 34°36'51.91"N, 113°28'0.52"W.

This property will not last long!

That is a sample flagged ad, thanks for your help!

@Mike T.

My advice (I am a heavy CL user in all aspects)

1. Only use local markets to advertise. People and CL do not like out of market ads. CL was developed for local use and users/staff take that seriously. Who wants to see a lot for sale in Oregon when they are shopping in Colorado?

2. Do not post multiple ads for the same property. Just use one and renew it often. Multiple ads get flagged or ghosted by CL and users quickly. That has happened to me and I no longer do multiple ads.

3. If you are posting many ads (sometimes this happens to me after just 4-6) at the same time from the same IP address CL will quickly flag ads to prevent people from spamming their site with ads. My advice is to spread out times/days when you post them so this does not happen.

Hope that helps. I'll be watching this thread too. I'd love to know what else works.

Greg

715‑497‑6419

Greg

Thanks for your reply.  So if I live in Tampa and have a parcel in Colorado and the closest city is Colorado Springs.  I should be able to post one ad in Colorado Springs and renew it every few days?  Should I post pictures? Does that have any effect?  Thanks again.

Originally posted by @Mike T. :

10 Acres off 93 south Wikieup

image 1

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap

(google map)

0BR available now

land

10 beautiful acres to get away from it all. Only $3000.00 cash or 125/month for 60 months. This deal will not last long. Great Bugout location.

Located just off highway 93 on burro creek road, use GPS to find 34°36'51.91"N, 113°28'0.52"W.

This property will not last long!

I think pics would definitely help but also........ I live in the Springs and a gps coordinate is hard. I tried to google burrows creek road and highway 93. That is pretty far from the springs ie an hour soo not sure CSPRINGS is your closest. Also, given that it is over an hour away as a resident neither of those roads or highways mean much at all.

Paige,

Good catch.  Originally I was trying to post each parcel in three markets.  Now I am trying to post each parcel in only the closest market.  

Craigslist flagged depends on many reason.

they need Best IP and numbers for account also for good ads that is written by a poster.

Have nice images and good content.I posted personally 50 ads a day.I also post other company ads in multiple cities of USA.

@Mike T.

Sometimes the local market is questionable depending on location. IF you think it makes sense to post in multiple markets then go ahead and do it, but when you do title the posts different and that will help CL not flag it as spamming. Pictures are good and should be included in every ad if possible. Anyone who wants to buy will almost certainly request pictures anyway! Might as well be prepared. For raw land a map and aerial with property outline always helps too (like what you have). Best of luck!

715‑497‑6419