• Real Estate Professional
  • Naples, FL
Votes |
5 apps that made my life better

Leslie Kalk
  • Real Estate Professional
  • Naples, FL
Posted Sep 23 2015, 08:44

I had a conversation with an associate recently about how we are the product of the 5 people we spend the most time around. As happens, we also decided we are the product of the apps we have on our phones. There are so many truly helpful apps out there. So why was my home screen filled with time wasters like Facebook, Jewel Quest and NFL news?

After our talk, I slunk away and immediately deleted the offending diversions in a crazy experiment to see if I would miss them. Then I opened myself up to the App Universe and let it lead me to resources that would actually help me stay focused on my business and improve my acuity overall. I'll share what I found:

1. Basecamp

Project management software that couldn't be easier to use. Get your team on board and BAM! gone are the long threads of emails that no one can make sense of. It keeps everyone on the same page so projects get finished faster. It is chaos, organized.

2. Buffer

Finally, a place to post once and reach Facebook, Linked In, Twitter, Pinterest and Google Plus all at the same time. You can also schedule your posts as well as create a queue for them, so once you set them up, your posts will go out all week long without you having to do a thing.

3. Elevate and Fit Brains

I dumped the mindless entertainment of aligning 3 jewels for real brain building games. Both Elevate and Fit Brains offer engaging games to help strengthen skills in so many areas: problem solving, memory, math, language, speed, comprehension, etc. You can set goals, get reminders and see analysis. I feel smarter already!

4. Duolingo

An undeniably fun way to learn a second language. Duolingo tests your starting level so you're not bored to death right away. It's got a very intuitive interface, offers rewards as you go and has a social component that allows you to compete with friends.

5. Calm

Sometimes you just want to stare at a mountain lake and listen to the birds chirp. Now you can! If you want to add a short meditation on top of that, go right ahead. Meditation subjects range from deep concentration to inner strength to "emergency calm." I love that one.

What are some of your favorite apps? Got any you want to share?

p.s. It turns out I don't miss checking into Facebook twenty times a day at all. One or two is plenty for me, as it turns out.

Loading replies...