• Investor
  • Salt Lake City, UT
Votes |
Apple buys workflow

Devin Deswert
  • Investor
  • Salt Lake City, UT
Posted Mar 22 2017, 23:38
Hey, While on a layover I read a article that apple bought workflow and it's now a free app. Sounded like a interesting app and I'm all for increasing productivity, I've heard of the app before today but this was the first day I've tried it. I Never wanted to spend money apps and programs never really stick. I usually end up going back to a notepad, photos and a bad memory. But while playing with it I found some good uses for real estate and non RE actions. The workflow: Speed dial I changed to RE contacts. So when I hit that widget I see only those contacts. Share availability this scans but calendar and finds free times and texts it. I always hate that going back and fourth with someone trying to find those free time slots that match up or double booking. Directions home. This widget just opens up apple maps and gives me directions home from my current location. I think it can be setup to use waze Remind me at home. This sets off a alert that goes off when I get home (set location) of something I inputted. I'm on a apple device so all I have to do is pull down or swipe right to get to the screen with weather/news/stocks and all these are neat little buttons. I played around with some custom workflows. One thing I did was for taking walk though photos. So I hit walk though pics button and the following happens. Opens camera at --> Stays open until I take 10 pic--> combine 10 pics and format into a grid --> convert to PDF --> text or email --> delete picks from camera. To do all this all I need to do is click the widget, click my shutter button 10 times, select email and hit send. As I learn it more I would like to be able to make it more complex with adding notes to the images, room measurements things like that, open up excel rough rehab estimate, proforma Calc. Basically put a full package together on my phone send it to review on my computer later and delete from my phone. So all walkthroughs are in the same format every time. Anyone else use this app that have some RE work flows?

Loading replies...