• Omaha, NE
Votes |
Custom Python-based deal screener for iOS

Michael Hajduk
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Omaha, NE
Posted Jul 20 2017, 08:42

As a dabbler in programming and scripting for efficiencies at my 9-5, I started using a SDK called Pythonista on my iPhone. It has 2.x and 3.x versions of Python, a console, and some iPhone specific UI and sensor packages. For instance, you can access accelerometer and GPS data. You can also build custom apps without having to learn Swift.

I've been working on a personalized calculator to screen potential real estate deals with my own criteria. As I've used it, I've slowly added the ability to customize from within the app, instead of in the code. It's starting to become something I think other people might find handy too.

I know there's no shortage of calculators out there, and even here on BP, but this app has certainly made things a lot faster for me.

I was just curious if any of you happen to be familiar with Pythonista... maybe we could collaborate? I'm interested in making it available for free here, but if it gets good enough, I might spring for the license from Apple and compile it for the App store.

Loading replies...