Votes
Eric Hornung
  • Cincinnati OH / New York, NY
Votes |
Just another parking app?

Eric Hornung
  • Cincinnati OH / New York, NY
Posted Jul 11 2018, 08:04

If you are a multifamily or commercial property owner/property manager, I'd love your feedback on a new company (not mine) out of Chicago regarding parking services which recently was featured on my podcast. 

A little background:
I cohost a podcast called upside about startups outside of Silicon Valley. I also have listened to every BiggerPockets podcast. Recently, we had a parking startup on our podcast called Parqex which is positioning itself as a solution for multi-family and commercial property managers with parking as an amenity. This is a very different pitch than we typically hear as most people want to be the "airbnb/uber of parking" off the bat. Parqex appears to be going through a B2B parking management model en route to wider consumer adoption. 

So, my questions:
1. As real estate investors, owners, and operators, is parking management a significant pain point?
2. How come  you would or wouldn't use something like this?
3. What questions do you have about this idea?

A little more detail:
1. Parqex on Upside
"GuestParq by ParqEx is an app that property managers are using to eliminate the hassles of managing visitors. GuestParq streamlines the process of guest parking for everyone involved, while increasing transparency and improving security for property managers."
3. "With Access+, residents and approved visitors can open the garage door from their smartphones. Property managers and condo boards can simplify management and improve control of the garage."

Full-disclosure
I have no equity or other interest in Parqex. Jay, my co-host, and I are learning to think like venture capitalists. One way to do this is by calibrating our analysis (section 3 of the podcast) with market participant feedback. Your insight here helps me get better - and hopefully helps you think about parking. 

Loading replies...