CRM's , and trying to pick one

11 Replies

Is it just me, or is the search for an easy to use, good fit CRM really a decent into complete madness and unproductivity?

Have given several a shot during the trial period, but thus far almost all of them assume you were there during the development phase. In fairness, as does most software does. It makes it the ultimate time drain. Then you get into them far enough to then find a deal killer. I am looking at this both from a retail RE POV and as an investor. Two separate companies with two separate missions. 

I've used salesforce and a bunch of the other "best" ones out there and I've found Cloze the best. syncs multiple accounts and businesses with all your social contacts. tracks opens and makes everything intuitive. and I use the pro version at only about 20 a month.

Hey @Tony Gunter , if you don't mind, please provide, in detail, what it is that you need/want in a CRM and we can try to assist you with your efforts of finding one that will work best for you. I'm an IT guy, as well as, investor, and I've tried many of the well known as well as not so well known CRMs and have not been able to find one that has all that I needed. Therefore, I started using several together to get exactly what I was looking for. Maybe you might have to do the same. 

Originally posted by @Tony Gunter :

Is it just me, or is the search for an easy to use, good fit CRM really a decent into complete madness and unproductivity?

Have given several a shot during the trial period, but thus far almost all of them assume you were there during the development phase. In fairness, as does most software does. It makes it the ultimate time drain. Then you get into them far enough to then find a deal killer. I am looking at this both from a retail RE POV and as an investor. Two separate companies with two separate missions. 

Good to meet you Tony...

Try CallText.com 

CRM with Phones, Text, RVMs, Email, Webforms, Chat, Conference Rooms and a lot more..

@Jim Pellerin Thanks Jim. Hubspot does what I want. CRM and Workflow Automation in one package. But, and it is a big one. As you know, RE, be it retail or investing, is a numbers game. When you start working with large numbers of contacts Hubspot gets very expensive very quickly. I have a database of 16K contacts just in my home county for example, just for retail RE. What I have found is that what most of the capacity of the free CRM’s, I can also do with a spreadsheet. I am Looking for automation, that makes a CRM a real tool IMHO anyway. Best regards!
@Brian Woods Hello Brian, Workflow automation is my ultimate goal. CRM (Ie. Database) + Workflow Automation At this time, I have decided on Podio. With the premium subscription ($24/mo) you get Podio AND Globiflow in the same package. Globiflow makes it possible to automate workflows and really make the most of the CRM, or Database your working from. You can set up multiple companies in the same subscription. Another cost savings. Not charging for number of contacts etc. I tried Zoho too, as it seems to have that capacity. It was limited, and glitchy I thought. Podio is a product of Centrix Solutions. I have some experience with them. They seem to make solid, well engineered products. So Salesforce stability, lower cost, plus Workflow Automation. Building workflows appears to be the next item on the list. The front end on all these are very dauntIng. Lots of tIme can be spent In these. UltImately, I am sure that Is what kills CRM adoptIon. Everyone wants an “Easy Button”. I have not found one with these things. I still feel the long term payoff is there. Best!

@Tony Gunter Honestly, pick one and move on. You will outgrow most CRMs anyways because nothing is going to be custom designed for you unless you shell out the big bucks. Honestly, don't lose too many brain cells over this. It's not worth the hassle. 

If it does 80-90% of the work, just go for it. 

Depends on if you want your CRM to be on a followup drip campaign via email, text messages and ringless voice mails.  I use Podio as the foundation for all these.  On auto-pilot once the VM's hit the activate button.  Set and forget if its done right.  Then I can move on to other activities that require my attention

Originally posted by @Tony Gunter :
@Brian Woods

Hello Brian,

Workflow automation is my ultimate goal.

CRM (Ie. Database) + Workflow Automation

At this time, I have decided on Podio. With the premium subscription ($24/mo) you get Podio AND Globiflow in the same package. Globiflow makes it possible to automate workflows and really make the most of the CRM, or Database your working from. You can set up multiple companies in the same subscription. Another cost savings. Not charging for number of contacts etc.

I tried Zoho too, as it seems to have that capacity. It was limited, and glitchy I thought. Podio is a product of Centrix Solutions. I have some experience with them. They seem to make solid, well engineered products. So Salesforce stability, lower cost, plus Workflow Automation.

Building workflows appears to be the next item on the list. The front end on all these are very dauntIng. Lots of tIme can be spent In these. UltImately, I am sure that Is what kills CRM adoptIon. Everyone wants an “Easy Button”. I have not found one with these things. I still feel the long term payoff is there.

Best!

Good call and way to take action. Here is my take... Podio will allow you exponential expansion capabilities as you scale your skill set and business. As you grow into the platform, you'll understand the native Podio features and extensions with Globiflow. You'll be able to take care of the majority of your needs with a bit of sweat equity and learning the platform (it doesnt always come fast). Yet, Podio is flexible enough in working with external softwares to if you ever get to the point where you want added functionality, you can easily link high-powered software platforms with Podio, and use Podio as your database. Great move!