online real estate school

3 Replies

After reading several books, listening to podcast etc. on REI, especially Matt Faircloth's "Raising Private Capital" (you should see the notes i have from this book!! ) I have decided to invest in my education a little further by attending real estate license school. I can only do this remotely since i travel full time for work (travel nurse). Anyone have actual experience with an online program that they feel provided what they needed to pass licensing exam? I am in Georgia if that matters

I took my real estate exam through an in-person course many years ago. The one thing I can say, is that I took online practice tests on a number of different websites. You can find them for free all over. Some online courses don't necessarily line up exactly with the Georgia real estate exam so I would say take as many practice tests as possible. The more questions you get right on various practice test, the better chance you have at hitting a homerun your first chance at the plate. Be careful with an online course though. My wife took her course online a few years ago and realize that when she went to the exam, half of the questions were never actually discussed in the course. I know this may sound a little scary no, but more information is always better then a surprise. And congratulations!

Originally posted by @Constance Chambers :

After reading several books, listening to podcast etc. on REI, especially Matt Faircloth's "Raising Private Capital" (you should see the notes i have from this book!! ) I have decided to invest in my education a little further by attending real estate license school. I can only do this remotely since i travel full time for work (travel nurse). Anyone have actual experience with an online program that they feel provided what they needed to pass licensing exam? I am in Georgia if that matters

This will be state specific. Some states allow for this while others require you to attend a brick & mortar school. Check out your states Division of Real Estate website for more info on licensing requirements.