• Rental Property Investor
  • Vidor, TX
Votes |
Buildium... Ugh, should I use QuickBooks

Weston Desormeaux
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Vidor, TX
Posted Jul 17 2019, 14:14

Ok so I got Buildum and I'm not sure about it. Want some honest thoughts. Thinking of swapping to QuickBooks.

Keep in mind we are a small time operation an I do a lot of the hands on work my self 🛠️🛠️🛠️. I feel we have built a solid base for our business and we are about to try to move to the next level (level 2, haha). In this transition phase I'm trying to move more in a "work on, not in my business" role. I'm wanting something to grow with us, something that can help with books and payment.

First I got it to take some things off my plate but I feel like it added more.... The main push to get a program is to help with rent collection and the help automate the books and reports in our business. But I feel like I'm learning a new system that is more complicated than our Excel and I'm not seeing a lot of plus side. Im I being a lazy? Do I need to learn system better? Virtual assistant? Just need to get QuickBooks.

Second we build and flip houses also and I don't think that it will work well for that. Anyone have any experience with non hold property accounting in buildium?

Is QuickBooks a better option for us?

Wes

Loading replies...