Votes
James Dickens
  • New Iberia, LA
Votes |
Nice Data Visualization Site You May Not Know Exists

James Dickens
  • New Iberia, LA
Posted Oct 22 2019, 07:37

In looking for data (Which I do more than I should maybe) I ran across this site that is so cool but yet I haven't seen any posts about it. It's not the end all be all for data visualization but it does have a lot of cool data and if you are building out a pitch for a location this may help you save lots of time and effort. To be honest I wanted to keep it to myself but it's just too good!

https://datausa.io

I have no ties with this website and I am not receiving compensation for pointing it out to people. This was truly just a geek nirvana moment for me that I wanted to share. Doing a custom data visualization can be a bit tricky but if you work at it you can get details down to MSA level which is nice. The Vis Builder is where you want to go if you need to customize it for your offering. 

Below is a quick example I did by using the Renters by Income Percentage data set and selecting the Houston MSA looking at the Gross Rent Percent of income less than 20% in 4 different Household Income Ranges. It's a bit messy but in the upper right, you can see my mouse over showing detail on the top line of the chart. 

If you use it and get good results I would be interested to see how you are using and what data is valuable to you.