• Winchester, VA
Votes |
Building a WordPress website

Greg Williamson
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Winchester, VA
Posted Feb 28 2021, 12:00

Hello BP,

I recently scoured the forums looking for some guidance on building a website and I found some useful tips but I'm hoping to provide some recent perspective here.  I simply looked up a 'how to' video on YouTube and created my own WordPress website.  The video I used was developed by Tyler Moore and was about 2 hours long.  It walked me through every detail step-by-step (see link below).

(53) How To Make a WordPress Website - 2021 - YouTube

I have my site hosted by HostGator but I'm sure you can use pretty much any WordPress hosting service with the same results.  It cost me ~$100 for 3 years of hosting and it took me about 15 hours to build my site.  Bear in mind that I have no website building experience and I wouldn't call myself tech savvy.  

It can be a bit overwhelming when you start thinking about it but if you work through it step-by-step, it is certainly doable.  I can't recall which BP podcast it was in but I like the analogy about selling a truck.  You may not know all the steps but you know that you have to start by vacuuming the truck so just go and vacuum the truck and then take the next step and the next and so on.  I hope this helps.

Loading replies...