Dumpster prices in your area?

16 Replies

What does a dumpster cost in your area? Just curious to see the different costs for waste removal.

Here the best price I've found was $425 for a 30 yard dumpster, 1 week rental

That's a good price for over here on this side of the country. $475-500 for a 30-yard dumpster for a week is not uncommon.

$375 here.  Prices vary a lot among different companies.

We rarely have 30, our 40 is around 700, low boy 10 around same price. heh.

Yeah I didnt shop around the first time here. Paid $300 for a 10.

$300 for a 30 is pretty impressive

$ 375 for a 20 yard can , 1 week up to 3 tons then 100 per ton over that 

Just did a 30 here in North Texas for $500 for one month. Only filled it once. It was $100 per month thereafter and +$400 for each roll away.

CT I paid $525 for a 1 week 30 yarder. I forget what the tonnage was, maybe 3 tons? Sounds like my new area is the same.

$225 for a 20 yard in Central Florida. As long as it doesn't go over the height limit and isnt filled with concrete, its flat fee.  Looks like I'm getting a great deal compared to other parts of the country.  

$725 for 30 yd, but you're going over the weight if you fill it.  Had a $1500 once.  South Florida.  Waste Management bought everyone up, they got that monopoly pricing going on now.

BTW - anyone want to be a millionaire? Start a rolloff company in south florida.  Sell to WM.  Rinse repeat.

Originally posted by @Peter Sautter :

$225 for a 20 yard in Central Florida. As long as it doesn't go over the height limit and isnt filled with concrete, its flat fee.  Looks like I'm getting a great deal compared to other parts of the country.  

SWS used to drive all the way to central florida to dump its trash from south florida.  That's why waste management bought them out.  What competition?

$450 for 40 yards including 30 days in western NC

@Chris E. ~$395 for a 40 yard dumpster for a 1-2 week rental in my market.

@Chris E. , we found our supplier the following way: we called a local dump yard ( junk yard) and asked how much they charge commercial dumpster companies per ton of waste. It was 80 dollars per ton. 

Then we called local ads ( craigslist, google search, etc. ) and offered them 100$ for 20 yard plus 80$ per ton.  Worked out great, 300$ on average per 20 yard and we pay with business credit. 

On the NY side, 20 cubic yards is over $500 for three tons and a week's rental.

Originally posted by @Peter Sautter :

What company do you use please?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.