Traffic Master Allure question

7 Replies

The question is simple. Can the flooring be separated after it has been laid?

What I want to do is expand the flooring into an adjacent area. The dining room was previously laid and it would be expanded into a family room. I would like to properly weave the planks together by removing the short (cut) pieces from the existing floor. Looking for experience in doing this. If all else fails, we would lay a transition strip between the 2 areas.

Have you verified the flooring color used in the dining room is still available? We thought we picked a common color that would not be taken off the market very quickly, but less than a year later and we are unable to find it anywhere. Thankfully it is only a half bath that needs to be redone, but it could have been a much more expensive mistake.

Glad you can still get the floor! I believe I’ve read that you can pull it up, but I’ve never tried. The transition strips are not perfect, but they work. 

Its very hard to do, since there is a bond made between each plank. try taking a heat gun to it and trying to remove very slowly. Also have a backup plan..

@Dan Perrott

It’s super simple once u pull the pieces out I would lock tite them with g-2 locktite. Takes about 1 hr to dry and they won’t come apart after u weave them in. I do it all the time for customers. We have a flooring store so I do the g-2 because sometimes after u unclick it they tend to break locking system and the glue insures it to not come apart again.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you