How can contractors add value?

How can contractors add value?

Contractor · Silverdale, WA · Member since 2019 · 5 posts · 2 votes

I am a general contractor who solely works with investors and property managers.

We are blessed with having a full plate and I can not staff up enough! We got to this point by doing 3 things

1. Always doing what we say we will when we say we will, no matter what!

2. We hold our selves accountable and never leave on bad terms, even if it means I lose money.

3. ALWAYS Add value every chance you can. We love this because often time it costs next to nothing and builds great relationships.

Finally the real point!

What are some ways a contractor can add value to you?

1Reply
15 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Contractor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2016 · 267 posts · 144 votes
    7y

    @Fletcher Hardy As a project manager at a flooring company in Indianapolis I work this in my head a lot too. I also primarily work with investors and I have found that “adding value” isn’t always material. So I ask myself

    What are an investors concerns? What do they need? What might be unique to them? Etc

    I like to provide information. For example as they are deciding on flooring options for their flip I will make my suggestions based on what the COMPARABLE recent homes sold with. I will take on their mindset and consult like that. To give that one example.

    There are other ways. But certainly having info and a network to share is valuable.

  • San Antonio, TX · Member since 2019 · 930 posts · 836 votes
    7y

    My top 3 priorities for a GC are

    1.  Accurate quote in both schedule and cost.

    2.  Communication 

    3.  Reliability/consistent work quality.

    I can deal with a higher price on the quote if I get those 3 items from the GC.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.