Cabinet supplier issue in Milwaukee, WI. How to handle it?

Cabinet supplier issue in Milwaukee, WI. How to handle it?

Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2020 · 10 posts · 3 votes

I'm doing a rehab on a duplex in Milwaukee, WI. Majority of the work is done. However, the cabinets have been delayed for months. My contractor said the supplier (JSI) hasn't provided a date when they can deliver the cabinets. The reason is due to supply chain issues and that they were upgrading their system. Are you guys also running to similar supply chain issues in your area? If so, any advice on how to handle it? Do I reached out to the supplier directly or do I start looking for other suppliers? My contractor said it will be the same situation for other suppliers. I'm planning to do a refinance after the rehab so I need to work done ASAP. Appreciate the any help guys! Thanks!

0Reply
19 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Milwaukee - Mequon, WI · Member since 2010 · 5k+ posts · 7k+ votes
4y

I always buy US manufactured cabinets from a local Milwaukee outfit - we know the lead time from the manufacturer when we place the order and that's currently 6 weeks. Dawn's suggestion is a good option for standard kitchens. I have tried the China manufactured cabinets that come in a box to assemble on site and you have to expect issues, like delays or damages. The cabinets are not bad, but if you have 12 weeks lead time and one box got clipped by a forklift, you'll be waiting another 12 weeks. That's why it works better for me to buy made in the US.

See this reply in the discussion

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Dawn AnastasiPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2013 · 6k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    4y

    I've always used stock cabinets from Menards or Home Depot. Is that an option for you?

  • Bruce WoodruffPro Member
    Contractor/Investor/Consultant · San Diego / Phoenix · Member since 2021 · 12k+ posts · 15k+ votes
    4y

    You've already paid for these cabinets, I suspect? (You usually have to to get the order started). So you're kind of stuck, unless they have not even started to build the cabinets yet, then you might have an option to get your money back....but why? Now you're just on another waiting list. 

    You could just go off-the-shelf, but if you are looking for that better quality, then that won't work.

    So I think you just suck it up and wait....

  • Investor · Milwaukee - Mequon, WI · Member since 2010 · 5k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    4y

    I always buy US manufactured cabinets from a local Milwaukee outfit - we know the lead time from the manufacturer when we place the order and that's currently 6 weeks. Dawn's suggestion is a good option for standard kitchens. I have tried the China manufactured cabinets that come in a box to assemble on site and you have to expect issues, like delays or damages. The cabinets are not bad, but if you have 12 weeks lead time and one box got clipped by a forklift, you'll be waiting another 12 weeks. That's why it works better for me to buy made in the US.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.