• Investor
  • Chattanooga, TN
Votes |
How to structure BRRR partnership vs funding ideas

Gina Shumway
  • Investor
  • Chattanooga, TN
Posted Feb 6 2023, 07:57

My situation may be unique, but I would love people's opinion and insight. 

I created an LLC with 2 other partners last year and we successfully completed our first BRRR (technically close hopefully in a week) and will be get 100% of our investment back (yay!). My two partners were passive investors only. I found the deal, managed reno, found the lending, am managing renter/property etc. As soon as I receive the funds I hope to do this again. I am now trying to determine how best to proceed next.
On the first BRRR as an entity, we all put in capital to pay for the home purchase and reno in cash. The refinance is the only "lending" received. I understand that I can rinse and repeat doing one house individually, but would really like to do two homes at a time. Should I 

A) Break our capital into two and do two down payments, get hard money loan to make up the difference, and then refinance once completed? This would allow me to do 2 homes simultaneously

B) Find more investors and create a separate entity. I do NOT have the personal capital to invest in another home. I will not remove capital from my first LLC as I like the way it is set up as well as my percentage ownership etc. My question is--If I set up a separate LLC to BRR with someone else, what percent ownership should I offer my partner/s and myself? My role would be "sweat" equity with finding deal, purchasing, managing renovation, finding renter, refinancing etc.

Any thoughts appreciated

Loading replies...