BRRRR Team and deals
Hi everyone,
I’m currently investing in MS using a BRRRR + Section 8/Housing Choice Voucher strategy, and I’m looking to expand into another market so I have more opportunities to find deals that actually work.
Right now I’m considering Indiana and Missouri.
For investors actively buying in either state:
• Which state would you choose for BRRRR/rental investing - Indiana or Missouri - and why?
• Which cities or neighborhoods are you currently buying in?
• What are you typically seeing for purchase price, rehab, ARV, rent, and property taxes?
• How difficult is it to find properties where you can refinance and recover most/all of your original capital?
• How strong is the Section 8/HCV rental demand in your market?
• Any cities or neighborhoods you would avoid?
One challenge for me is that I’m an out-of-state investor, so having a reliable local team is extremely important.
I’d also really appreciate referrals for people you have personally worked with and trust, including:
• Investor-friendly wholesalers who consistently bring legitimate off-market deals
• Reliable, reasonably priced contractors/rehab crews
• Property managers experienced with Section 8/Housing Choice Voucher tenants
• Property managers familiar with the local housing authority and HCV inspection process
• Lenders familiar with BRRRR/refinance deals
I’m especially interested in referrals based on your own experience rather than someone simply promoting their own company.
If you invest in Indianapolis, Fort Wayne, South Bend, Kansas City, St. Louis, or other Indiana/Missouri markets, I’d love to hear what has worked for you.
Thanks!