CPA & RE attorney

11 Replies

I'm looking for some references for a good CPA and a good RE attorney in Chicago. I'm looking to start building my team. Thanks.

Brent

Kurt Carlson is the real estate attorney that I use. Email me and I will introduce you to him via email.

Hey @Brent Mattison

I also have a good Illinois RE attorney that I've used for my last 7 deals in Chicago. Send me a PM and I'll provide you his contact info.

A quick recommendation: when it comes to attorneys, they really tend to specialize. I'd recommend using different attorneys for different things . I personally use 3 on a regular basis: one for general RE transactions and contracts, another for evictions and another for entity formation.

Cheers

Larry

PS - I don't use an Illinois CPA because I use specialized cross-border accountants, but I've definitely seen some Chicago area CPAs recommended on BP. I'd recommend doing some searches and they should come up.

Larry

Shoot me a message and I can give you the contact for a CPA.

@Steven Hamilton II is our local Chicago-area accountant who is already quite familiar with real estate investing. I have not used him (and am not getting anything for this reference) but recommend contacting him. I think I will be next tax year because our accountant is gouging us!

John

Originally posted by @John Hauser :
@Steven Hamilton II is our local Chicago-area accountant who is already quite familiar with real estate investing. I have not used him (and am not getting anything for this reference) but recommend contacting him. I think I will be next tax year because our accountant is gouging us!

John

I'm in the North Suburbs. Happy to help. Feel free to ask questions.

@ Larry Smet. Thanks for the reference. Have a good one.

Brent

@Daniel Inskeep. Thanks. Will do.

Brent

@John Hauser. Thank you for the reference.

Brent

@Steve Hamilton ll. Thank you.

Brent

@ Wendell de Guzman & @ Larry Smet may I also get an intro as well? Thank you very much

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.