CPA & RE attorney

11 Replies

I'm looking for some references for a good CPA and a good RE attorney in Chicago. I'm looking to start building my team. Thanks.

Brent

Kurt Carlson is the real estate attorney that I use. Email me and I will introduce you to him via email.

Hey @Brent Mattison

I also have a good Illinois RE attorney that I've used for my last 7 deals in Chicago. Send me a PM and I'll provide you his contact info.

A quick recommendation: when it comes to attorneys, they really tend to specialize. I'd recommend using different attorneys for different things . I personally use 3 on a regular basis: one for general RE transactions and contracts, another for evictions and another for entity formation.

Cheers

Larry

PS - I don't use an Illinois CPA because I use specialized cross-border accountants, but I've definitely seen some Chicago area CPAs recommended on BP. I'd recommend doing some searches and they should come up.

Larry

Shoot me a message and I can give you the contact for a CPA.

@Steven Hamilton II is our local Chicago-area accountant who is already quite familiar with real estate investing. I have not used him (and am not getting anything for this reference) but recommend contacting him. I think I will be next tax year because our accountant is gouging us!

John

Originally posted by @John Hauser :
@Steven Hamilton II is our local Chicago-area accountant who is already quite familiar with real estate investing. I have not used him (and am not getting anything for this reference) but recommend contacting him. I think I will be next tax year because our accountant is gouging us!

John

I'm in the North Suburbs. Happy to help. Feel free to ask questions.

@ Larry Smet. Thanks for the reference. Have a good one.

Brent

@Daniel Inskeep. Thanks. Will do.

Brent

@John Hauser. Thank you for the reference.

Brent

@Steve Hamilton ll. Thank you.

Brent

@ Wendell de Guzman & @ Larry Smet may I also get an intro as well? Thank you very much

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.