Networking

8 Replies

Hello, my name is Jeff Keys. I'm new to RE investing but i have spend countless hours reading and viewing website such as this one. I'm looking to invest in commercial real estate and would like to network/find like minded individuals to help me take action. I'm located in Fredericksburg, VA but plan on traveling and investing in all of Maryland, Virginia and DC. I have a business plan and excels specifically for commercial real estate investing along with a full commitment and dedication to RE investing. I plan on using the "buy and hold" strategy. I'd like to start with apartment investing due to its economy of scale. My main goal is to generate cash flow. I appreciate your help!

-Jeff

Welcome to BP! This is a great place to start. But if you're looking to network with specific individual, I would highly encourage you to start seeking them out. It would be highly unlikely for them to just show up on a forum post like this one. GOOD LUCK!!!

Colin Smith, Real Estate Agent in CO (#ER.100052152)
719-232-6709
Originally posted by @Jeff Keys :

Hello, my name is Jeff Keys. I'm new to RE investing but i have spend countless hours reading and viewing website such as this one. I'm looking to invest in commercial real estate and would like to network/find like minded individuals to help me take action. I'm located in Fredericksburg, VA but plan on traveling and investing in all of Maryland, Virginia and DC. I have a business plan and excels specifically for commercial real estate investing along with a full commitment and dedication to RE investing. I plan on using the "buy and hold" strategy. I'd like to start with apartment investing due to its economy of scale. My main goal is to generate cash flow. I appreciate your help!

-Jeff

Jeff

I would use this site and investment clubs in your area.  I have 2 friends/investors I met through biggerpockets and have done multiple deals with associates met at meetups in my area.  People may roll their eyes at what I'm going to say right now but capitalism is alive and free to be practiced by anyone willing to pay the small entry fee. 

Most new investors have way more time than money,  this fee is relitivly cheep for the huge returns I have seen in my first 18 months as a full time investor.  Go for it...... 

Hi Jeff,

Welcome. Seems you're off to a great start by joining. 

Mr. Smith, thanks for the reply. Good point about seeking out the investors i'm looking for. This may be a dumb question due to i have only spend a little bit of time on the website but is there a specific spot on this website when i can search commercial investors? I have found a way to find local investor in general but nothing specific to the type of RE. Thanks for your time. 

-Jeff

Hello Mr. Keller. Its nice to hear some ways to connect with others on meetup and here. Congrats on the deals you have done with other investors/partners. I just joined meetup.com and plan on going to a meeting within a week. Thanks for that advise. 
You are right, i have more time than money but we all have to start somehow. Thanks for the positivity and i appreciate your time to write on my page. 

Have a good weekend
-Jeff

Thank you Mr. Wright for the welcome. I'm excited to take action and make a better life for myself/family. I appreciate your time!

-Jeff

Welcome to the site, Jeff! Let me know if there's anything I can do to help out.

Thank you Mr. Oconnell. I appreciate your help. I hope to see you around. Have a great day!

-Jeff