Ohio Neighborhood Reviews

11 Replies

Was wondering if anyone is active or has properties in the Columbus, Dayton, or Trotwood areas and could provide me with some un-bias feedback. I'm looking to expand in the Ohio area, but would like to get a little more insight on the demographics from local investors.

C

Christian D.

I’m in Columbus, and travel to Dayton and Cincinnati on a weekly basis.

Columbus is my Home though, so I know more about it, and surrounding suburbs.

Originally posted by @Christian D. :

Was wondering if anyone is active or has properties in the Columbus, Dayton, or Trotwood areas and could provide me with some un-bias feedback. I'm looking to expand in the Ohio area, but would like to get a little more insight on the demographics from local investors.

C

Hi Christian, Columbus has a lot of up and coming areas like Old Town East that would currently be considered a C but are rapidly changing for the better.   There are also areas around OSU and north of downtown like Westerville that are B areas and will always be solid areas to invest in.  PM for some more detailed info.  

Robert Ellis, Real Estate Agent in OH (#2014002724)

Originally posted by @Christian D. :

C

Have you checked out Cleveland? Little bit more going on there than some of the other markets in Ohio. Just a thought.

Tom Ott, Real Estate Agent in OH (#2016003865)

Did someone say Cleveland???? Gotta love these BP keyword alerts.

@Christian D. I don't know if Cleveland is one of the Ohio areas that is on your Radar or not but since it's been brought up here is some food for thought for you.

If you are looking at Cleveland I recommend checking out The Ultimate Guide to Grading Cleveland Neighborhoods. There is tons of opportunity here but it's really important not get caught up in the fools gold many out of state investors get caught up in. Know what type of assets are out there. I see far to many people blinded by low prices on Zillow that expect to buy great assets for less than a Kia. If a house is priced less than a Kia, there is usually a very good reason for that.

James Wise, Real Estate Agent in OH (#2015001161)

Hi @Christian D.

If you have any questions about the Columbus area, please feel free to PM me. I will be more than happy to help answer!

Thank you and good luck!

Sarah Wheeler

@James Wise Thank you for sharing the resource on neighborhoods. Would you say that most of the information is still accurate?

Originally posted by @Olga Levin :

@James Wise Thank you for sharing the resource on neighborhoods. Would you say that most of the information is still accurate?

Oh yea. Its a living document. I periodically update it to ensure its as current as possible.

James Wise, Real Estate Agent in OH (#2015001161)

@James Wise really awesome guide! I live in Cleveland and am new to this game but looking to invest in this area! 

Thank you James, that information is very useful.

Not sure what kind of investment properties you are looking for but Nationwide Children's Hospital is doing some amazing work in 3 zip codes surrounding them. They call it Healthy Homes/Healthy Neighborhoods and they have a YouTube channel to watch the transformation. The zip codes are; 43205, 43206 & 43207. These neighborhoods were in desperate need of a renovation and they are doing one house at a time. It's worth it to check out. Welcome to Buckeye Nation!!

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.