Ohio Neighborhood Reviews

Ohio Neighborhood Reviews

Real Estate Broker · New York, NY · Member since 2013 · 125 posts · 63 votes

Was wondering if anyone is active or has properties in the Columbus, Dayton, or Trotwood areas and could provide me with some un-bias feedback. I'm looking to expand in the Ohio area, but would like to get a little more insight on the demographics from local investors.


C

2Reply
77 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
8y

Did someone say Cleveland???? Gotta love these BP keyword alerts.

@Christian D. I don't know if Cleveland is one of the Ohio areas that is on your Radar or not but since it's been brought up here is some food for thought for you.

If you are looking at Cleveland I recommend checking out The Ultimate Guide to Grading Cleveland Neighborhoods. There is tons of opportunity here but it's really important not get caught up in the fools gold many out of state investors get caught up in. Know what type of assets are out there. I see far to many people blinded by low prices on Zillow that expect to buy great assets for less than a Kia. If a house is priced less than a Kia, there is usually a very good reason for that.

See this reply in the discussion

17 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2016 · 139 posts · 136 votes
    8y
    I’m in Columbus, and travel to Dayton and Cincinnati on a weekly basis. Columbus is my Home though, so I know more about it, and surrounding suburbs.
  • Paul AmegatcherPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Brookville, OH · Member since 2016 · 488 posts · 363 votes
    8y

    I'm in Dayton, OH and will give you unbiased feedback. Pm me or just ask your questions here.

    Paul Amegatcher

  • Robert EllisBusiness Member
    Developer · Miami, FL · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Christian D.:

    Was wondering if anyone is active or has properties in the Columbus, Dayton, or Trotwood areas and could provide me with some un-bias feedback. I'm looking to expand in the Ohio area, but would like to get a little more insight on the demographics from local investors.


    C

    Hi Christian, Columbus has a lot of up and coming areas like Old Town East that would currently be considered a C but are rapidly changing for the better.   There are also areas around OSU and north of downtown like Westerville that are B areas and will always be solid areas to invest in.  PM for some more detailed info.  

  • Equity Raiser and Turnkey Provider · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Christian D.:

    Was wondering if anyone is active or has properties in the Columbus, Dayton, or Trotwood areas and could provide me with some un-bias feedback. I'm looking to expand in the Ohio area, but would like to get a little more insight on the demographics from local investors.


    C

     Have you checked out Cleveland? Little bit more going on there than some of the other markets in Ohio. Just a thought.

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    8y

    Did someone say Cleveland???? Gotta love these BP keyword alerts.

    @Christian D. I don't know if Cleveland is one of the Ohio areas that is on your Radar or not but since it's been brought up here is some food for thought for you.

    If you are looking at Cleveland I recommend checking out The Ultimate Guide to Grading Cleveland Neighborhoods. There is tons of opportunity here but it's really important not get caught up in the fools gold many out of state investors get caught up in. Know what type of assets are out there. I see far to many people blinded by low prices on Zillow that expect to buy great assets for less than a Kia. If a house is priced less than a Kia, there is usually a very good reason for that.

  • Professional · Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 65 posts · 42 votes
    8y

    Hi @Christian D., 

    If you have any questions about the Columbus area, please feel free to PM me. I will be more than happy to help answer!

    Thank you and good luck!

  • Investor · Alameda, CA · Member since 2012 · 47 posts · 10 votes
    8y

    @James Wise Thank you for sharing the resource on neighborhoods. Would you say that most of the information is still accurate?

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Olga Levin:

    @James Wise Thank you for sharing the resource on neighborhoods. Would you say that most of the information is still accurate?

     Oh yea. Its a living document. I periodically update it to ensure its as current as possible.

  • Avon, OH · Member since 2017 · 12 posts · 4 votes
    8y

    @James Wise really awesome guide! I live in Cleveland and am new to this game but looking to invest in this area! 

  • Sunnyvale, CA · Member since 2017 · 8 posts · 1 vote
    8y

    Thank you James, that information is very useful.

  • Christi HawkinsPro Member
    Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 237 posts · 142 votes
    8y

    Not sure what kind of investment properties you are looking for but Nationwide Children's Hospital is doing some amazing work in 3 zip codes surrounding them. They call it Healthy Homes/Healthy Neighborhoods and they have a YouTube channel to watch the transformation. The zip codes are; 43205, 43206 & 43207. These neighborhoods were in desperate need of a renovation and they are doing one house at a time. It's worth it to check out. Welcome to Buckeye Nation!!

  • Germantown, MD · Member since 2015 · 14 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    Hello, any one with a map area for Columbus like the one James wise has for Cleveland grading neighborhoods? I appreciate the help!!

  • Robert EllisBusiness Member
    Developer · Miami, FL · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Miguel Teran:

    Hello, any one with a map area for Columbus like the one James wise has for Cleveland grading neighborhoods? I appreciate the help!!

    With how quickly the neighborhoods have been changing here in Columbus I wouldn't trust a Map that is 3 years old with out dated information. It would be best to have someone you trust with knowledge in the area that could provide proper guidance on the current neighborhood as it stands!

  • Remington LymanBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 6k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Miguel Teran:

    Hello, any one with a map area for Columbus like the one James wise has for Cleveland grading neighborhoods? I appreciate the help!!

     I agree with @Robert Ellis. Columbus has a bunch of gentrifying areas that have turned from C into B neighborhoods in the past 5 years.

  • Rental Property Investor · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2020 · 380 posts · 588 votes
    6y

    @Robert Ellis Where would you invest in Cincinnati right now? 

  • Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Paul Amegatcher:

    I'm in Dayton, OH and will give you unbiased feedback. Pm me or just ask your questions here.

    Paul Amegatcher


     Hi Paul

    could you please give me some insight on areas to avoid in Dayton ? I'm seeing lots of properties for sale where the numbers work but just not sure how good the area is ! I'm looking for stress free investment with long term tenants. Thanks in advance 

  • Investor · Seven Mile, OH · Member since 2022 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    2y

    @Chaya Jadhav Dayton has neighborhoods that are million dollar homes and other neighborhoods the police won’t even go in. I’m happy to help pick out the better neighborhoods, send me a PM.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.