ALLENTOWN, PA ?? Anyone out there?

24 Replies

Has always been difficult keeping a investors group going in the Lehigh Valley. I tried to get DIG to help start one a few years ago but they blew me off. also tried with a property management association out of Philly but got nowhere.  Both were a few years back so maybe it's worth trying again. I think a DIG affiliation is the way to go. 

Originally posted by @Sam C. :

Has always been difficult keeping a investors group going in the Lehigh Valley. I tried to get DIG to help start one a few years ago but they blew me off. also tried with a property management association out of Philly but got nowhere.  Both were a few years back so maybe it's worth trying again. I think a DIG affiliation is the way to go. 

DIG did have a Lehigh Valley subgroup - but the subgroup leader quit the volunteer job. I believe DIG would be more than happy to resurrect that subgroup, but in order to do so a volunteer first needs to step up to be the subgroup leader. The DIG requirement for subgroup leader is that they must be a DIG member for at least one year, in case you know somebody who is interested in the job. I can certainly put the volunteer leader in contact with the appropriate people at DIG if needed.

I’m not very familiar with DIG it sounds very similar to the group already there. I didn’t pay anything to go. I checked out DIG and it looks like you have to have a membership to participate.

Originally posted by @Cynthia Reddy :

I’m not very familiar with DIG it sounds very similar to the group already there. I didn’t pay anything to go. I checked out DIG and it looks like you have to have a membership to participate.

You are correct regarding DIG. Earlier in 2018, the DIG board changed policy so that now only DIG members are permitted to attend the DIG subgroup meetings; prior to that, there was a policy where somebody could attend only one DIG subgroup one time without being a DIG member. The old policy was better IMO for the regions, such as Lehigh Valley, that are further from the DIG main meeting - that old policy allowed those new to DIG to get a sample of the meetings they would be more likely to regularly attend.

There are a few different active groups here in the Lehigh Valley. Definitely check out @Justin Brown 's group - it's a great place to meet people, discuss deals, and get feedback on your strategies. Meetup.com has a few others. If you need some recommendations or feedback on which ones to attend, shoot me a message!

Hola, alguien que hable español y le gustaria juntarse para hablar sobre real estate que me deje saber, estoy en el proceso de aprendisaje pero tengo algunas ideas que son solidas y prometedoras, solo quiero aprender mas y explorar algunas otras ideas. Muchas gracias.

@Emmanuel Reyes mi nombre es Argennys pero me dicen RJ. Vamos a reunirnos en el dunkin donuts de la Lehigh St en el sur de Allentown para hablar de estrategia. Yo tengo unas cuantas propiedades y me gustaría establecer amistades con la misma mentalidad que yo.
Originally posted by @RJ Peralta :
@Emmanuel Reyes mi nombre es Argennys pero me dicen RJ. Vamos a reunirnos en el dunkin donuts de la Lehigh St en el sur de Allentown para hablar de estrategia. Yo tengo unas cuantas propiedades y me gustaría establecer amistades con la misma mentalidad que yo.

@Rj Peralta 

Disculpa que me tomo tanto tiempo responder, pero claro que si, me encartaria, no se si se puede dar los numeros de telefonos por este medio pero volvere a entrar al website para ver cuando respondes.

No se mucho de los puntos cardinales y eso, se donde esta la Lehigh...pero nos podemos juntar donde quieras, solo que tiene que ser en un fin de semana por que trabajo. 

Nos mantenemos en contacto👍

Hello Allentown, PA investors! Looking for an update - do you guys have a local meetup group that meets at a certain location/date/time? I’m not new to investing but new to investing in Allentown and would love to network with other RE investors in the area. Thanks