• Rental Property Investor
  • Clearfield, UT
Votes |
Tell me about Kokomo Indiana

Joseph Garner
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Clearfield, UT
Posted Jul 26 2018, 06:06
Hi, I’m trying to find a place to start building a portfolio. I’ve really Been interested in the central Texas market. I will be out there next week looking at multi family units. About a week ago I was going through cities on Wikipedia, and found Kokomo Indiana. After looking at SFH’s, multi family and complexes it looks as if though multi family wouldn’t be a bad option. Now, I’ve done some research on the city itself. It’s like the 12 or 13th largest in Indiana, has roughly 56k population. I understand that Chrysler has a facility there which provides the city with a good amount of jobs. However, when the American car companies went through hell just to stay opened. Cities like Kokomo struggled, had unemployment up towards 25%. My question is for people who are local, have they been adding different job sources (pushing for small business, getting in other big corporations with steady work, expanding in general) or have they still been relying heavily on Chrysler? Thank you, Joseph Garner

Loading replies...