International Real Estate Group

14 Replies

To everyone throughout the world!!!!!! I am in the primary stages of forming a international real estate group. I'm currently taking any and all suggestion on how to develop this group so please.. comments comments comments.!!! let me know your thoughts on why there are so many foreign investors investing in the FL market? what are the benefits

Originally posted by "justin8":
Email me and we can talk.

If you have some suggestions, why don't you include them in the thread so everyone can learn?

Originally posted by "whytehouse":
To everyone throughout the world!!!!!! I am in the primary stages of forming a international real estate group. I'm currently taking any and all suggestion on how to develop this group so please.. comments comments comments.!!! let me know your thoughts on why there are so many foreign investors investing in the FL market? what are the benefits

What do you want to discuss? I and my friends invest in multiple countries.

How about describing your expected focus and we can pick up the discussion from there?

John Corey

What exactly are you interested in? What are the objectives for your company, etc? In order to make any comments, first you need to share more info about what you want to do (in my oppinion).

John, what countries do you and your friends invest in? I also have interesting opportunities in some of the former communist and soviet countries, are you interested in those?

I was asked what countries.

France, Ireland, UK, Spain, Italy, Czech Republic, Germany, Slovakia, Switzerland, Poland and a few other places.

Different locations by different people for different reasons.

John Corey

Well, I have interesting offers in Romania, Ukraine, Moldova and possibly Russia. All these countries are interesting for some reason or another, but mainly for bringing bigger profits than the ones that you mentioned. Would you be interested in them or not really?

Originally posted by "Arlene":
Well, I have interesting offers in Romania, Ukraine, Moldova and possibly Russia. All these countries are interesting for some reason or another, but mainly for bringing bigger profits than the ones that you mentioned. Would you be interested in them or not really?

Profits are one thing. Taxes and the legal system also matters.

In some countries obtaining finance if an issue.

Right now I do not have an interest in more countries as I have enough deals to work with the present set of countries.

Thanks for the offer. If my interests change I will be in touch.

John Corey

Originally posted by "REI":

Right now I do not have an interest in more countries as I have enough deals to work with the present set of countries.

John Corey

Legality? I think that you simply were not interested in this question seriously and you like careful type of investments.
But the mortgage crisis in the USA proved that old and kind don’t always mean profitable and reliable.
The greatest growth of economy have BRIC countries (Brazil, Russia, India, China).
Now about countries after disintegration of the USSR
5-6 years ago one could buy an apartment in the Ukrainian regions for $4000 -$6000. Presently apartments cost from $60.000 and higher. Elite dwellings are very popular.
Approximately the same situation is in Russia. Presently the market is overheated and overpriced but the largest volumes of building among all countries of the former USSR are exactly in Russia.
Russia has money earned at oil and it is actively inlaid in the building in the own country. There is national program of social direction “Available dwelling”, through which enormous means are inlaid. The mortgage crediting develops quickly. And, I will note, a legal base is fully adequate for a developing country and stable political system.

I.e. it is possible to earn at the market of real estate and to get large incomes. A desire is needed.
Those, who buy unfinished houses, finish building and sell, have the greatest income now.
There are fully legal schemes of taxation optimization at investing money into Russia.

Originally posted by "markus":

John Corey

Legality? I think that you simply were not interested in this question seriously and you like careful type of investments.
But the mortgage crisis in the USA proved that old and kind don’t always mean profitable and reliable.
The greatest growth of economy have BRIC countries (Brazil, Russia, India, China).

Markus,

Congratulation on your very first post here on BP.

You are making assumptions about me and the markets that are flawed.

No idea what experience you have or how much you have read here at BP.

Learn about who you are speaking with (the larger group and the individuals) before trying to argue a weak position.

There is a book called "How to Win Friends and Influence People". It is old enough to have been translated from English.

The BRIC economies are well known to folks who have worked at investment banks. RE investors invest in specific deals and not at the macro economic level. The marco level trends matter but not in the way you seem to think. The recent US events can be very positive for savvy RE investors who are more than momentum investors.

Good hunting. :shoot:

If you want to engage more with the BP community consider posting an introduction in the new member forum.

John Corey

Markus - John has been posting on this site for a long time and has established himself as part of the community. I'm not sure why on your first post, you'd question the intentions of someone that you don't know.

It appears to me that your only interest is making an argument that drives people to the link in your signature.

Did I offend you? Accept my apologies.
You are right. I’m new in this community.
You are certainly from the respected people.

The BRIC economies are well known to folks who have worked at investment banks. RE investors invest in specific deals and not at the macro economic level. The marco level trends matter but not in the way you seem to think. The recent US events can be very positive for savvy RE investors who are more than momentum investors.

John Corey

I agree with you.
I'll read meanwhile

P.S. Facts are not assumptions

Lots of good stuff here Markus.

Feel free to post questions if you need more info on any topic.

Side note: I was at a meeting last night where the group had two Brits (both emigrants or emigrant's children), one lady from Belgrade, one guy from Bulgaria, one South African and myself from the US. It was a RE investment meeting.

John Corey

[b]How about investing in CANADA? where the economy is booming and the fundamentals are exceptionally strong.We got OIl and WATER which are the basic necessity.

So Long ![/b]

John I thoroughly enjoy reading your posts. You are in a position that I envision myself to be in the future: a globe hopping real estate investor. It doesn't get any better than that!