Best tool for marketing

Best tool for marketing

Wholesaler · Carignan, Québec · Member since 2014 · 107 posts · 25 votes

Hello friends of BP.

I have 10K$ or so, to invest in maketing, What do you think would give me the best result short or long term and best return on my money, if you know what I mean.

0Reply
9 views

Most Popular Reply

Flipper/Rehabber · Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2008 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
12y

don't send more than 1000 yellowletters first month then 1000 of zip letters followed by 1000 large text postcards.  That shoud run with list around 2400 or less.

More then that is too much 

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Fairfield-New Haven-Hartford County, CT · Member since 2013 · 825 posts · 413 votes
    12y

    @Olivier LePage What are your real estate goals? If it's wholesaling, fix and flipping, buying and holding SFR's then I might recommend a direct mail marketing campaign - we have had good results with it. But whatever direction you choose, try to develop a good marketing plan around it, by being consistent on a weekly/monthly basis, you probably don't want to spend all $10K in a month or two.

    Good luck in the direction you choose.

  • Rental Property Investor · Kansas City, KS · Member since 2014 · 604 posts · 222 votes
    12y

    It also helps to know what kind of systems you have in place to handle the leads that are generated. You don't want to be pulling in a hundred leads a day if you have no way of handling that amount of calls. I've currently got a marketing budget around $5k but I'm just starting out and plan on handling the leads on my own so I'm sending out 1000 direct mail pieces split up over several weeks. I should be able to handle the number of calls that generates on my own around my full-time day job. If I wanted to crank it up I would hire a VA (virtual assistant) to take the calls and qualify the leads for me. But I like the idea of screening the leads myself for now. Hope that helps and good luck!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2008 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    don't send more than 1000 yellowletters first month then 1000 of zip letters followed by 1000 large text postcards.  That shoud run with list around 2400 or less.

    More then that is too much 

  • Investor · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2014 · 266 posts · 240 votes
    12y

    Over and over again, the answer to this question is: direct mail with a systematized follow-up.  The vast bulk of your deals will come from the 3rd mailing onward.

  • Investor · Sherman Oaks, CA · Member since 2008 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    You may want to get an inexpensive website too such as https://oncarrot.com/tour/

  • John HornerPro Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Columbus, OH · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 655 votes
    12y

    For that amount you could do direct mail and a website.  

    I would follow @Michael Quarles  instruction on the DM, he is the resident expert.  If you don't have experience talking with sellers you really want to start small.  It can get overwhelming fast if you are busy with other tasks and have 20-30 calls coming in per day.  You don't want to lose leads by not making contact with them quickly.

    For a website Oncarrot works or I started out using Wix for $25 upfront and $10/month.  Design a simple website with form and phone number.  Then setup a PPC campaign with Google and Bing, set a budget and watch the leads come in.

  • Stephen FryerPro Member
    Investor · Ottawa ON / South Bend, IN · Member since 2013 · 186 posts · 93 votes
    12y

    Hi Oliver.

    Nice to see a fellow Canadian on site.

    You have lots of good advice here about getting started in your marketing.

    Are you planning on investing in the States or in Canada? If you are planning on investing from a distance, it has some challenges. You need to set up a good infrastructure for yourself in your new market, or you may find yourself overwhelmed and unable to actually follow through on any leads that you do find. Simple details like getting a local number can be problematic for us Canadians. I would be more than happy to share my experiences if you want to drop me a line.

    Stephen

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.