What's a good book to....

2 Replies

OK, here's my question. My coaching program teaches what type of house I should buy. How I should market to them. What my numbers should look like. And all that good stuff. 

But what's really missing and the most important part I feel is, what to do when you get into a prospects house. I understand for you to get that call and be invited to the house, means they are more likely motivated then not. What I would like to find is a good book some instruction or some general insight on how to handle that portion of the marketing. Helping the sellers to realize the price your offering is not an insult to them, and you want to really help them. Stuff in that area, a book focused on that would be great. 

Any advice? 

Thanks 

Check out Michael Quarles podcast, you will learn a lot about closing deals.

Pretend you're talking to a loved one.  Be real.  Think about how you'd like to be treated.  Imagine you're sitting at the table with someone across from you offering to buy your home or property for much less than you think it's worth.  How would you want them to talk, to treat you?  

Be honest and upfront, is my advice.  

You're dealing with people here.  If I was sitting at a table with you, and I needed to sell my place, I'd be more likely to listen to you if you said something like, "I want to tell you right off the bat that I'm an investor.  I want to offer you a fair deal that you will be comfortable with, and that I can also make a profit by doing.  This is my living.  I hope what I will propose to you will be a win-win for both of us.  So, are you ready to hear my offer?"

Something like that.  Where you are not insulting their intelligence, but you're also making it clear that you are sitting there with the intention of making a profit, and hoping that what you offer will also be something that they will be comfortable with.

Most people can smell a hard-sell or a "technique" from a mile away.

I've never done what you're doing, but I can be empathetic with the people you would be approaching.  For what it's worth.  Good luck!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you