How To Generate Leads

17 Replies

Here's a couple of questions I would like to ask. I think all will benefit from the topic. Real Estate has so many niche's that there is plenty of money to go around. I would like to know what niche market do you work in? How do you generate leads? How successful is you lead generation program?

I Broker Mortgages and Real Estate. I specialize in sub-prime mortgages. The way I started and still do generate leads is by bandit signs placed at busy intersections. They are white 24x42" poster boards, that say "Must Sell, 4-2-2, $5,000 down, bad credit ok, Call Now!

I never have a shortage of leads. The key is to always know where there's great deals on real estate.

I have recently moved to the suburbs and don't have the luxury of going into the city 2-3 times a week for signs. So I have been experimenting with a new form of lead generation on the internet. If it works I update this topic.

I too used to target subprime buyers but with the new guideline changes to subprime and FHA it is alot harder to qualify those buyers. I am now doing more of the Sub-2 method and using the lease option for those Subprime buyers that I used to market to.

Primo_Coach: I like the fact that you are contributing to the forums here although I don't agree with everything you talk about.

I don't know if it is bugging anyone else or if it is just me but why are you opening up all these extremely old threads? A lot of them that you have been replying to lately are from 2006!

I'm not sure anyone else feels the same way but I open these threads and read through the responses and yours thinking that the person who started the thread is going to respond with more information and then realize that no one has posted in the thread in over 2 years and there is a good chance the thread starter is no longer even watching the board.

Just my 2 cents... sorry it has been bugging me a little lately.

Lifestyle please such negativity for no reason. Who is "making" you read Primo's posts?!? I as a newbie LOVE the resurrected posts and all the different points of views- who wants to think in a box?. The information is not just for the person starting the thread but for ALL who are interested. I am thankful for finding this today because it was exactly what I needed as all things happen for a reason and we still have the 1st Amendment thankfully.

I did not mean to come off so negative in my post. I'm glad this information was helpful for you. I have been on many other forums that pulling up really old threads is looked down upon I I kind of feel the same way and wanted to think what others thought about it as well.

I'm with CNOTE........ Since times have changed and the environment of the industry has changed as Matheno mentioned. I can not speak for eveyone, but for me, I have been trying to figure out new ways to get leads........ the billboard thing was interesting.... and the tired landlord option was VERY helpful....... i NEVER WOULD HAVE THOUGHT about that.

I came to this site to learn a few things, get some insight and share the few things i know..... so if i see a post that applies to where I am, I read it, who cares how old it is....... if the info applies, it applies.

Don't be so criticle LifeStyles....... Just a thought! :D

The best ways to target tired landlords are:

1. direct mail
2. on craigslist.com replying to ads in the for rent section
3. driving for dollars and calling all of the for rent signs in the neighborhood

Getting leads is simply a numbers game. If you want more leads, just send out more mail, reply to more ads, and call more signs.

Hello,
I got absentee lists from Melissadata.com. Also. as Primo said, a few weeks ago, I went on Craigslist and shot about twenty emails to For Rent ads. I said "Would you be interested in selling your home on a lease purchase basis? I got about 10-12 responses, and made 5 offers last week (letters of intent). I am meeting three of them this week to finalize the offers I hope. Good advice Primo. It appears to work! Mike

Originally posted by "dcg123":
Here's a couple of questions I would like to ask. I think all will benefit from the topic. Real Estate has so many niche's that there is plenty of money to go around. I would like to know what niche market do you work in? How do you generate leads? How successful is you lead generation program?

I Broker Mortgages and Real Estate. I specialize in sub-prime mortgages. The way I started and still do generate leads is by bandit signs placed at busy intersections. They are white 24x42" poster boards, that say "Must Sell, 4-2-2, $5,000 down, bad credit ok, Call Now!

I never have a shortage of leads. The key is to always know where there's great deals on real estate.

I have recently moved to the suburbs and don't have the luxury of going into the city 2-3 times a week for signs. So I have been experimenting with a new form of lead generation on the internet. If it works I update this topic.

i would like an update since this topic hasn't really been followed up with one.

Now this might be a newbie question but...As a REALTOR, how do you collect commissions or compensation on the lease-option deals? And what kind of compensation can you collect? I'm curious because I've really only been taught how to do the basic list and sell business....

msedwick - how does a lease option work? I know nothing about them, but would be interested in doing it.

I have contacted a few for rent posts on craigslist but was primarily considering wholesaling them.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you